Notices

Help! Paris concerts

Old Mar 8th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Paris concerts

Wow! It appears ticketavenue is defunct and Pariscope has gone off the web. Does anyone know how I can find out about concerts end April/beg May in Paris? Searches are getting me nowhere.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 04:42 PM

Hi LVSue - You can try paris-touristoffice.com - they have an events menu where you can put in your dates and everything going on then comes up. Also if you know your event, you can try buying tickets on fnac.fr. If you mean something like free church concerts I think you might have to wait til you get to Paris and get your weekly Pariscope there. Hope this helps, I'm going the end of April as well!
Mara
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Mara, thanks for the sites. I'm having a bit of trouble with the touristoffice, but if I decide on an opera, it looks good.

I was particularly looking for concerts at Ste Chapelle because previous posters had said they were beautiful and last year I had no trouble finding them.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 06:13 PM

LVSue
When I went to a concert at St. Chapelle I just got my tickets at the door. That was last March I believe. I remember seeing lots of posters advertising them once I got to Paris.
Mara
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 07:50 PM

Last May we bought our tix for concert at Ste. Chapelle a day or so ahead at FNAC; don't know whether it was necessary or not, but it took the guesswork out of it.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 10:20 PM

www.ticketnet.fr is the best one I have found. Also, you can try www.fnac.com

Sandy
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Sandy. Ticketnet was able to do a search for "La Sainte Chapelle," but I could only see the first page. Got an error message when I hit "page suivante." I may just wait till I get there, or pull it up a few days before I leave when the May concerts may be on the first page!

I can't believe I've lost these helpful sites--planning last year was a piece of cake! SNCF doesn't even work for me--I put in my dates and hit "valider" or "continue" and nothing happens! I had to call to get tickets. Is it a plot?
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 07:23 AM

Sue,
'Page Suivante' works with me. No problem there.

But the Ticketnet's listing stops at the end of April with the concerts for the Sainte Chapelle.
Check next month and before you leave.
Ah, yes, Pariscope, I really miss it online. (
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 07:47 AM

Sue, the Paris Tourist Office web site is probably the best and most comprehensive site for concerts in Paris. There do not appear to be any, at least none listed now, at Ste-Chapelle from 4/15-5/15. They may have other things going on at that time or something and didn't rent it out. There are two main groups who play there, Musique Patrimoine (who have their own web site where you can buy tickets and see schedules, www.ampconcerts.com) but they are playing elsewhere during that time period.

Another ensemble, Archets de Paris (www.archetspf.asso.fr) also plays there often, and in many other churches, but they don't seem to list their schedule past March. Some other good websites for classical music concerts in churches are www.concertsparisiens.fr and www.concertonet.com

If you mainly want to see Ste-Chapelle, I would just go there and see it and hear a concert elsewhere. There are many good concerts in other churches in Paris during that time frame. For example, I noticed that Chanticleer is signing at St-Roch on 4/29 at 8:30. This is a superb choral group (from San Francisco) who have won several Grammys and if I had a chance to hear them in Paris, I would not pass it up (although their program may be somewhat obscure on that date, although I like Purcell).
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Ursula, I was sure that "page suivante" worked on other computers. For some reason, mine (a Mac) has been having difficulties with some French sources.

Christina, thanks for all the alternative sites. I don't get there till May 3, so will miss Chanticleer. Sounds wonderful. Mainly I am looking for an atmospheric experience for my friend who has not been to Paris before. I doubt we will go in for much evening entertainment--will probably concentrate on sightseeing during the day.