HELP!! Istanbul off the beaten path

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Dennis

HELP!! Istanbul off the beaten path

I'm about to fly over to Istanbul for the third time. Since I've already been to all major attractions, I would like to visit places like the Princess' Islands, Yenikoy and Arnavutkoy. Any information of any nature on these places would be mostly appreciated,

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 05:44 AM
Kris

I can't help you with the places you've listed but I'll offer a couple of other suggestions. If you haven't taken a cruise of the Bosphorus, you can take an all day trip by ferry for about $2 round trip from Eminonu. They stop on the Asian side for a couple of hours where you can grab lunch and wander for a bit.

Have you tried a Turkish bath? We tried Cemberlitas, one of the tourist oriented baths in Istanbul, and it was quite an experience (not for the modest, at least not on the women's side).

We saw a performance of whirling dervishes at the Galata Mevlevihane (monastery) that was very interesting. I believe it's only on the 2nd and last Sunday of the month.

You might also take a look at Lonely Planet's thorn tree or Virtual Tourist for some other ideas.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 08:36 AM
abc

Dennis,

Princess' Islands is nice place to visit if you are CHRISTIAN. You can see many Turkish Christian and their Churchs. I recommend you to have BIG TOUR with horse drawn carriage and have FISH in lunch (Delicious)

Have fun

ABC

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 11:49 PM
abc

Here is another reply from Jane H

Author: Jane H. ([email protected])
Date: 07/31/2002, 04:38 pm
Message: Went to Turkey last March with Pacha Tours (Turkish Delight). It was fantastic. A beautiful country, great food, fabulous shopping and I always felt safe. I can't wait to return and spend more time in Istanbul. Bring lots of dollar bills and bargain, bargain, bargain.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:09 AM

To the top