Search

Help Going to Paris New Years

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2005, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Going to Paris New Years

Hi,

I plan on being in Paris from Dec 30 -Jan 2. I am going to prose to my girlfriend so I am looking for a 4 star hotel. We are in are 20s and have never been to Paris. I am looking with something with a view-maybe the Eiffel Tower/balcony.I have read so many reviews and am so confused on where to stay and where to celebrate New Year's. We would like to stay in an area where there is tons of life-cafes, restaurants, shopping bars etc. I keep readin g the the latin Quater would be good, Left or right bank.
I need some help. I booked the Hilton Eiffel, but since I did not know and time is running down I made a reservation. Is this place good? Any nice restaurants some please help!!!!
I heard Le Tastevin or Le Coup
PLease let me know
Thank you

Sincerely

Ralph Romero

Old Nov 1st, 2005, 04:43 PM

It'll be a bit difficult to get a room at this time for the more popular hotels. I believe that Hilton is good, just like any other Hilton hotel though. The area is quiet at night but you can get around with taxi and metro.

Yes, Le Tastevin and Le Coupe Chou are nice restaurants. You have to make reservations for New Year's Eve dinner right now though as seating is limited.
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input. I think I will change my reservationd to somewhere in the Latin Quarter
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 09:52 AM

Whatever you do, hurry. We will be there Dec 27 and 28, and I've had a lot of trouble finding space. Granted, we're looking at triples, that fill up quickly, but still...

Congratulations!!
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks
I have scoped a few out and made another reservation at the Duret in the Latin Quarter.
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:59 PM

rrparis, beware! Hotel Duret is in the 16th, not the Latin Quater. The 16th is a much quieter neighborhood than the Latin Quarter. In fact, in the northern section of the 16th which is quite residencial.
Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 07:26 AM

Hi, we will be in Paris for New Years goin from the 29th - 2nd of Jan staying in the 7th and would be most grateful of any recommendations for restaurant's in that area, this will be our first trip to Paris and would love to have our New Years Eve planned before we get there so any help would be appreicated.
Cheers
Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 07:39 AM

If I were your girl. A place that would make me all swoony (doe-eyed and romantic) is
http://www.aubusson-paris-hotel.com/

I love the location. A block to the Seine, the Pont Neuf, across the river is the Louvre for beautiful romantic walks.
Er.. um... so far I'm a bit more of a budget traveler; at that time I was around the block from D'Abusson in the St. Andre Des Arts... (a 1*) Just a tad of difference (hahahahaha...)
Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 08:07 AM

Have a look at Hotel Cambon, a very nice hotel in the 1st disctrict, it is at walkable distance from Latin Quarter , Notre Dame, Le Louvre..a 4 star hotel. You will be not too far from Champs Elysees where a huge number of people are at midnight celebrating New Years together, with a lot of chamapaing and so on...You also can go near Trocadero, Eiffel Tower to see the firework..
www.hcambon.com
Enjoy!
Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:54 AM
lawchick

Bring her out for dinner -
La tour d'argent or Jules Verne - though reservations will be hard to come by book quickly

Old Nov 5th, 2005, 02:05 PM

We are also celebrating our 10th anniversary in Paris Dec. 29 - Jan. 2. We have the hotel, and are working on dinner for New Years.

I am looking for a great 5 day itinerary that hits all the "must sees", but takes into account closings for the holiday.

Thanks!
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 04:03 AM

Hi travel_director.... Like you, I would love to have a few things planned for when we get over there as it will be our first trip to Paris. Have you booked any restauant for New Years Eve any recommendations would be most appreciated.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 02:33 PM

We stayed at the Lutetia in the 7th and had three balconies that overlooked the Eiffel Tower. Tons of shopping and cafes nearby and a great market and store - Bon Marche. My husband even arranged ahead of time with the concierge to take out an ad in Le Figaro (the local Paris paper) in French telling me how he felt about me. Really romantic and not that pricey. Congratulations to you! I highly recommmend Le Lutetia.
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 04:01 AM

joany-

We tried Tour d'argent for New Year's, but it was 360 euro per person! Jules Verne is completely booked for dinner until end of Jan. Still looking...
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 06:19 AM

travel_director...you're looking for must sees? Try any good guidebook or click on "destinations" at the top of this page to get good, general itineraries.