New Year's in Paris

Search

New Year's in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Year's in Paris

I will be spending NYE in Paris and am not sure what to do, or what is available. Anyone have any suggestions or helpful websites?
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 07:32 PM

Check for recent threads on this very subject. What you'll find is that most restaurants have what are called reveillons, celebrations with Champagne and special menus. Reservations are a must.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 07:47 PM

rschamb, we booked a N.Year's Eve dinner for 6 using reservethebest.com

We booked the Le Christine. We had a wonderful meal there on Dec, 31, 2005, at the price of 85 Euro pp, including champagne.

Reserverhebest.com is very user friendly, and offers a variety of restaurants all over Paris.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 07:57 PM

I recommend a small family-owned restaurant located on Ile St. Louis called Le Tastevin. They have a Saint Sylvestre (New Year's Eve) menu. Last New Year's the cost was 90 euro including a glass of champagne. The prix fixe menu sounds expensive but it was so worth it! They served a wonderful beef dish which has foie gras called filet de boeuf Rossini.
Another tip is to have your hotel make the restaurant reservation for you. But you need to make reservations around this time as they have limited seats.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 08:02 PM

I agree with Ceci a good site to reserve dinner reservations. I spent last Christmas and New Years in Paris. Like any New Years a little over-rated unless you are spending it good friends. Though we had a great time. We are going again this January although second week. I love the weather in January! Have fun