Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

HELP! Can I mail cash Euro Deposit to Italy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Andrea

I have reserved a room in Vernazza, Italy. The owner has requested that I send a 62 Euro as a deposit. I hate to send cash and I am also concerned about what I hear is the not-so-reliable Italian mail. What is my most reasonable option, given that this is an individual who rents out 2 rooms in his home (ie. no credit cards). I would ask him but he hardly speaks any English and I hardly speak Italian!<BR><BR>Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 10:12 PM
Marc David Miller

Try<BR><BR>www.westernunion.com<BR><BR>The fees run about 10%, but the security is worth it. Or ask if you can send a travellers check

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Linda

I recently sent euros to an ebay seller in Italy. You can either send it registered mail or another way was to show proof of delivery. Because it was a large amount, I sent it registered with no problems.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 09:59 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 01:24 PM
Patrick

I'm assuming that the total for the bill will be more than just this deposit. I'd go get a 100 Euro traveler's check and send it them by regular mail. Let them put the balance on your bill. If it gets lost in the mail, it is easily replaced, but the liklihood of that happening is pretty minimal.