Heathrow to Bath Transportation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2023, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning on going to Bath upon our arrival at Heathrow via American Airlines in mid-September and I have a couple of questions.

is it feasible to get bus tickets to Bath upon arrival or is it more convenient & less costly to buy in advance? I would get the flexible ticket to board bus 12 hrs in either direction of the one booked & most probably get reserved seats,

Also would like to know if ALL American Airlines flights from Philadelphia arrive at Terminal 3?

Thanks!
Old Aug 15th, 2023, 06:37 AM

Yes, bus tickets to Bath can be bought upon arrival at Heathrow. There are several bus companies that offer direct flights from Heathrow to Bath including National Express, Megabus and easyBus. You can buy tickets online or at the bus station at Heathrow. Regarding your second question, yes, all American Airlines flights from Philadelphia arrive at Heathrow Terminal 3.
Old Aug 15th, 2023, 08:08 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Yess AA uses Terminal 3 -- unless it is a codeshare and is actually on BA metal.

Buying the coach ticket ahead of time will save a little time and would be one less thing to worry about if you are in a jet lagged fog. But not really a huge advantage over buying in person.
Old Aug 26th, 2023, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by poseypatch
We are planning on going to Bath upon our arrival at Heathrow via American Airlines in mid-September and I have a couple of questions.

is it feasible to get bus tickets to Bath upon arrival or is it more convenient & less costly to buy in advance? I would get the flexible ticket to board bus 12 hrs in either direction of the one booked & most probably get reserved seats,

Also would like to know if ALL American Airlines flights from Philadelphia arrive at Terminal 3?

Thanks!
We made this trip many times while our son was living in Bath. The bus is convenient as your luggage is stored underneath and it is a direct route. However, there is quite a difference in the time it takes as there are express routes and milk runs. You really don’t want to be on the milk run! I preferred to take the Heathrow Express into Paddington station and then take the train to Bath. The bus station and the train station are the same building in Bath.
Old Aug 26th, 2023, 02:36 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to Fodors. No need for the Heathrow Express now that the Elizabeth Line is up and running. Yes, the trip in to Paddington is easy but not having to schelpp the bags an additional time with the change of trains at Paddington makes the Coach a better option IME/IMO
Old Aug 27th, 2023, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks

Thanks all for your help. We’ve secured bus from Heathrow to Bath — advance tix because of our usual foggy brain after the long flight. Also purchased advance train tix from Bath to Paddington. We’ll probably catch the tube which has a stop very close to our hotel!