Reload this Page >

Heathrow Express to Paddington Station?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:01 PM
Leslie

We were recommended by our B & B hosts to take the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station. I am assuming this is a train, how easy is it to catch at Heathrow and where do you catch it?

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:03 PM
janis

It is a train that connects LHR and Paddington Station. Runs all day and takes about 15 minutes. The station is very well signposted and depending on which terminal you arrive at, it is a little bit of a walk from the arrivals hall but you really can't miss it.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 04:37 AM
elaine

janis is right, it's very well posted and easy to find. It is indeed a bit of a walk, long corridors, but thankfully elevators and no stairs on either end of the trip. Buy your ticket before boarding.<BR>The train itself is very comfortable.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 06:05 AM
ggrant

Just one note, a big time saver is to go directly and get on the train. Do not wander around looking to buy your ticket. On board, the ticket taker comes buy, you pay him cash or credit card, he gives a ticket, stamps it and you are done. You can even use American Express card. He carries one of those portable credit card machines around his neck. It probably saves 10 or 15 minutes and is a lot less trouble. The tickets cost the same. Have a great trip.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 06:13 AM
ron

Actually, there is a &pound;2 premium for buying on board. And you do not need to "wander around" looking for ticket sellers before boarding, because you pass machines on the way.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 06:21 AM
ggrant

I still prefer to buy the ticket on board. I have done it both ways. I do not like to stand in the airport, digging for credit card or money at a machine with my baggage in tow. It is much simpler with baggage stored, sitting down quietly on the train. It is just a personal preference that I wanted others to be aware of. I admit I did not realize the 2gbp difference but to me it is worth it.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 06:36 AM
David

<BR>FYI: www.heathrowexpress.com

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Roger

Or you can order over the net as I have done for my trip starting tomorrow. Not sure but I believe you can save a buck or two and they mail the tickets to your home.