Heathrow airport lodging

Search

Heathrow airport lodging

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heathrow airport lodging

Confused! We will be using Terminal 1 & 3. Would it be closer and more convenient to stay at the Hilton in Terminal 4 or would it be better and closer to stay at a near-by hotel? I would like to be in a nice and close hotel, but not pay a large amount for an overnight stay. Any comments or suggests would be welcomed. Thanks!
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 08:01 AM

We bid on a 4* Heathrow hotel on Priceline last year and got the Heathrow Marriott for $67. All the major hotels at the airport are serviced by the Hotel Hoppa bus service (http://www.nationalexpress.com/p.cfm?n=pai-hhh). They will take you from your hotel to your terminal for about £3. Very convenient.

Check out www.biddingfortravel.com before bidding on Priceline. But Priceline is the best way to get the most out your hotel dollar in London.
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 08:20 AM
AR

For convenience's sake, you would be better off avoiding a T4 hotel unless you get a good deal.
The Marriot, Holiday Inn, Sheraton etc are all fine hotels which are well served by hotel buses.
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. This is what I needed to know. Now, to find a good deal near by. The input I have recieved so far is appreciated!!!!
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 10:36 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
We've stayed at the Sheraton Skyline using Priceline a couple of times, for around US$60, v. £150+, the rack rate. Go read up on the FAQs and bid records at biddingfortravel, bid 4 stars, and enjoy your savings.

Note especially that the Hoppa does not serve T4, so if you're not using T4 there's no reason to go near it.
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 11:26 AM

<i>&quot;Note especially that the Hoppa does not serve T4, so if you're not using T4 there's no reason to go near it.&quot;</i>

Not a concern for MariMari, but we were flying out of T4 and used the Hotel Hoppa. We just got off at one of the other terminals and took the free Heathrow Express transfer over to T4 - very easy, no steps but leave enough extra time for the transfer (you may have to wait a few minutes for the HEX train.)
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 03:46 PM

Brings up a good question: I'm arriving on American direct from Chicago, and hav eno idea what terminal that will be? I've already got a reservation for the Sheraton. Any special info about transferring is appreciated.
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 04:12 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
<i>We just got off at one of the other terminals and took the free Heathrow Express transfer over to T4 - very easy, no steps but leave enough extra time for the transfer..</i>

And don't try it in the morning before an early flight. We just booked a taxi from the Sheraton to T4 in the morning - &pound;10 instead of 2 x &pound;3, took 10 min. v. over an hour using the Hoppa/HEX combo.

<i>I'm arriving on American direct from Chicago, and hav eno idea what terminal that will be?</i>

Terminal 3. Fairly easy.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 07:31 PM

We stayed at the Sheraton Skyline on a Friday nite for our flite out to the US the next day. Friday nite is &quot;Mumbai Night&quot; in that hotel (the adjoining neighborhood is largely east Indian). The place was literally JUMPING ( from diso vibes) until 1 AM. All the pleading and personal appearances at the front desk by us and other guests in jammies would not appease the situation. Mumbai Nights ruled in spite of the fact that most hotel guests needed sleep for the very early morning flights.(Coffee was $3 a PERSON) Letters to Starwood and Sheraton resulted in a free night IN THE FUTURE and many apologies, but in spite of 3 room changes and being moved into a suite that still vibrated until 1 am and had the air co blasting on the bed and the neighbors in the next room fighting until past 2 am, we still had to get up at 6 AM...to fly back to the US on 9/11. That was this year and that is all we have to say!
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 08:21 PM

If you do stay at Sheraton Skyline or Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel, or a number of other hotels within a specific zone, you can just take a free public bus (not the Hoppa) from Heathrow to get there. Obviously this works best if you don't have lots of luggage.