Have you flown Aerlingus?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 11:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have the opportunity to use AA miles to fly Aerlingus to Dublin, Business Class. Anyone who has done that? How was it?
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 12:56 AM

A friend flies Ryanair to Dublin and then Aerlingus to the USA. He avoids Heathrow! And he uses economy class. No complaints.
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 01:35 AM

I flew Aerlingus to Manchester and I agree that it was great to aviod Heathrow. I flew economy and it was extreamly uncomfortable, more than any other flight I have been on. Maybe you'll be fine because your flying business class.
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 01:36 AM

Hi Roamer,

Aer Lingus are copying the Ryanair approach of "no frills" on their short haul flights from Ireland to Europe and the service is fine for the price. They are still offering really good service on their long haul flights to/from the US and certainly if you fly business class you should no problem at all. I flew Dublin New York Business class granted a couple of years ago but it was absolutely perfect. I would have no hesitation in recommmending them for your trip.

Cailin
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 07:01 AM

We flew Aerlingus the past two summers from New York to Rome/Venice via Dublin. We were in coach so it is like any other coach flight across the pond. No behind screen TV but otherwise, fine. Business class should be more than fine.
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 08:07 AM

Hi roamer - I flew Aerlingus direct from L.A. to Dublin. The seats were a bit cramped and uncomfortable compared to, say, British Airways, so it was impossible for me to sleep - but it wasn't horrible. I was just grateful to get a direct flight (and it was $500 cheaper than British Airways. The staffmembers on the flight were the friendliest I've encountered yet.
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 10:22 AM

Have flown Aerlingus several times NYC to Shannon or Dublin. Most flights were fine - but then they were businees so I was in first.

Also flew them once on vacation - in coach. Trip over was fine. Trip back to NYC was a disaster since there were masses of drunken soccer fans on board. And even though they were obviously already too drunk the FAs continued to serve them booze. There was a lot of yelling, singing, horseplay, and other disgusting drunken behavior.

Two were sitting next to me and I complained to the FAs - early and often - and the third time I was moved to First Class. I feel very sorry for the other coach passengers, since the behavior got worse throughout the flight - including many of the drunks getting sick in public.

Hopefully they have changed the habit of continuing to serve alcohol to drunks - esp loud and obnoxious ones.
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, All, for your responses. I will report back on our experience. Actually, any plane that gets us safely to Europe using FF miles is fine with me! Last year we flew on MaxJet with 5 Dubliners who were on their way to LasVegas. They were intoxicated when they got on board, which became more apparent as the flight continued--then they were surly when the FAs would not serve them--crew members did an excellent job of keeping them under control--though one of them ended up in seat restraints--Nevada state troopers were there to meet the plane. Not our best trip, though I have nothing but praise for MaxJet and the flight crew.