Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

has anyone stayed at the "hotel croatia" in hvar town?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have reservations in june, but can't seem to find any opinions. they say "10 minutes from town". anyone know?
Old May 4th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Syl

We booked it for 3 nights in September.Apparently, it won an award for beautiful landscaping. Note that it doesn't have air conditioned rooms.
Old May 4th, 2006, 06:26 PM

We're staying there for 3 nights in a couple of weeks, so I'll post a review when we get back to the States at the end of May. I'm a little nervous...the web site makes it look very nice, but I'm surprised there aren't more postings to be found on the Internet about this hotel. We'll see how it turns out. I believe it's in the general area of the Amfora Hotel, which I read is about a 15-minute walk from the ferry.
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:31 PM

Hi. We were in Hvar in Sept.2004 and stayed in an apartment near the town centre after many months agonising about distance to walk and hills to climb. I have looked at the Hotel Croatia website and think I know exactly where it is. About 10 to 15 minutes stroll to town I would say along a lovely ocean-side walkway with little pebble and rocky beaches to swim at along the way.We walked the path several times and I would imagine it's quite fine to walk back after dinner in the evening as well.....felt very safe. I did find a website when I was doing my research which was very useful in describing the different areas. The link is http://www.happyhvar.com/mappa_appa.php?ln=en. Your hotel is in the Majerovica area. Hvar is stunning. We didn't hire a car but if you are there for more than a few days you may want to have one to see other parts of the island. Have a great time!
Old May 5th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

linda, you are a wealth of info! we will be there 4 full days. what did you do there? what are your suggestions? did you rent scooters or bikes?