Group travel question?

Old Aug 20th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Group travel question?

Could anyone tell me the number of hours it takes to get from Munich to Obersaltzburg, Eagle's Nest? Is it possible to leave Munich in the a.m. and spend about 2 hrs. at Eagle's Nest and then spend 2 hrs. in Salzburg and return to Munich for the night? About how long would all of this take? Thanks!!
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 10:09 AM

How? Train? Car? Bus?

And what group is involved? How many of you are there?
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 11:27 AM
rex

Dear "taholman" - - we realize that you are brand new here - - but what does the message header "Group travel question" mean? You might as well have titled your question "Question".

And every book in the library could be titled "Book". If you want to know what it's about, just open it up and look inside.

Please see http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34520252

You are not entirely to blame for not realizing this. Fodor's does a great disservice to new registrants by failing to share with you their "HELP" (see those tiny red letters, in the upper lefthand corner?) by sending it to you in the e-mail that acknowledged your registration.

You can read them here: http://www.fodors.com/forums/faqs.cfm - - and in particular, I recommend http://www.fodors.com/forums/faqs.cfm#Q6

Please start over and post this question with a header something more like "Seeking info on travel time, Munich to/from Obersaltzburg - - can we go there and back in one day?"

By the way, driving times, routes, mileage estimates, etc. are best found at www.viamichelin.com or www.mappy.com

Best wishes,

Rex Bickers
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Original Poster

Please forgive my newness. I will be traveling with about 30 11th graders. We are on a 10-day WWII trip. Our trip is planned but we are trying to figure out the last few details. I would like to visit Eagle's Nest again this year and get in a quick visit to Salzburg without spending the night. Is it possible to leave Munich one morning and travel by bus to Eagle's Nest, spend about 2 hrs., go to Salzburg and spend about 2 hrs. or so and return to Munich by about 9 p.m? The map gives distance but as you know actual travel time may vary. Any help/suggestions would be welcome!! Thanks...a greatful teacher
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 03:55 AM
ira

Hi ta,

Have you been to www.viamichelin.com or www.mappy.com?
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 04:03 AM

If you can get those kids up early and have the bus heading out by 0800, I think you can do it. Use the website ira mentioned - the distances are not that great.