Great Restaurant Experiences in Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One final topic ... I am looking for any great restaurant experiences in the following cities -- Milan, Venice, Genoa, Florence, Rome, and Naples. If you could give me the names of restaurants that made your trip memorable, I would appreciate your input ... Any and all comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance ...
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 05:36 PM

jl- In Venice- La Zucca. Small place, 2 seatings a night, reservation required. Spectactular and affordable.

In Rome, Alfredo e Ada. Even smaller place. No English spoken, food is heavenly.

Also in Rome, Il Chianti. It is near the Trevi Fountain. Fabulous food, outdoor seating available.

Buon viaggio!
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 09:16 PM

Of all the food we ate in Italy, what I remember best now is the tartuffo at Tre Scalini, on the Piazza Navonna in Rome.
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We were particularly happy with Osteria Barberini in Rome. It is small, friendly, excellent food, and they have atruffle menu with reasonable prices (two full meals and wine less than 100 euro).

http://www.osteriabarberini.com/en.html
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 10:48 AM

I highly recommend Fratte de la Trestevere in Trestevere. Go on Tripadvisor.com and you will see why this restaurant is is rated something like number 327 out of 7000 in Rome.
I fly for a major US airline and this restaurant is the reason why I bid layovers in Rome! The restaurant is run by an Italian-American manager,Rick whose mother who is Italian does the cooking that you will die for. It is fresh ,truly Italian food that is super reasonable. Everything from the Caprese salad or mushroom bruschetta as a starter to the homemade Tiramasu will make you go back again before you leave Rome. The restaurant has fabulous seafood,pizza,and pastas- my fav is the ravioli in a white sauce with special Tuscany sprinkled sausage on top for 9 euros! the house wine in a bottle is 10 euros and quite tasty or a liter of house wine for 8 euros. They are open on Mondays when everything closes/closed Wednesday,mopens early for dinner at 6pm and both the interior with the gorgeous murals and small outside area is wonderful.