Search

Great place for lunch in Milan??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great place for lunch in Milan??

Hi,

I'm meeting a friend (not milanese) in Milan and would like to take her out to lunch. Any suggestions on a centrally located restaurant? Price range around 10-15 euros.

How much would lunch at Peck set you back?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 11:16 AM

According to one Italian Web site, a meal at Cracco-Peck, the Peck retaurant, costs an average of 90 Euros per person, not including wine. Not quite what you're looking for...

Frankly, I doubt that you will be able to find a "great place for lunch" in Milan in your price range.

There is a chain of restaurants in Italy called "Brek". They are used chiefly by office workers out for an inexpensive lunch and operate on a buffet-type basis. You go from one stand to another, picking up pasta at one, main course at another, wine at yet another, etc., etc. If you limit yourself to one course or two with a quarter liter of wine, you might come in at 10 to 15 Euros.
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 02:55 PM

Sorry, we were there last week. Cover charges are at least 1.50 to 3.00 euros each. For the remaining amount you'd be lucky to each get a small salad.
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 03:30 PM
KT

There's also the Italian Bar Peck (or Peck Italian Bar, I forget which), which serves lighter and much less expensive meals. Sorry, I don't know the prices, though.
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 03:56 PM

aat pecks go thru the bar and into the back room. it has an extensive hot and cold food area. the cold area is large and excellent. there are taables and a conter space to eat at- not fancy bur good food for a reasonable price-can't quote a price now as it has been a few years since we were there but it was reasonable
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 06:32 PM

Emily, haven't been to Milan for about 4 years so not up to date on cost there EXCEPT - a friend of mine called me from Milan last month. He said that a pizza (pizza in Italy is one pizza per person) is now around 12 dollars or so ( in Euro's) Than add a drink, wine, coke or whatever. Of course tipping in Italy is not like in the USA. But a
service charge is automatically added.

Your price range around 10-15 euros. Is that per person or for the entire lunch?

Milan is very expensive.