The title says it all.
Will consider all types and prices, as long as you think it's good. TY
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.nonsololesso.it/
Very tiny and very tipical
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 01:55 PM

What do you like to eat? What kind of ambience do you like? What prices are you willing to pay?

Milan is a unique Italian city when it comes to nibbling at bars or having seafood or classic foods (or the foods of migrants from the south of Italy) plus loads of sushi available and hamburgers and bagels and vegetarian organic eats. "Favorite" depends on who is eating and maybe you like something different than the tourists here like.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money then look up the website "Spotted by Locals" and get a feeling for the range of food near your hotel and the sights you plan to see. If what you really want to do is drop a HUGE wad of cash and eat a blowout meal in Milan presented by a Micheln-starred chef then do some googling and you will come up with current faves of the people who chase those stars.
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 04:35 PM

A little away from the centre, I welcomed myself to Milan with dinner at l'Osteria del Treno. As the name suggests, it is in the neighbourhood of the train station although not too close. Old railway photos were the only decoration in an otherwise austere set of dining rooms where locals and businessmen guests made hearty chatter. Guided by assured staff, I started with a big plate devoted to six different kinds of duck charcuterie (six!). Then came an unusual main of preserved rabbit with mint, grilled peppers, eggplant and zucchini. I finished with a tray of Lombardy goat cheeses. Not budget dining, but not a deluxe price either: 1 glass of wine, 1 sweet dessert wine from Sicily, one bottle fizzy water and one espresso: 60 euro. Good value, considering the interest and the quality.
I recommend reservations. Circ. Ferrovierri via S. Gregorio 46/48; tel.02.67.00.479; www.osteriadeltreno.it
Old Aug 22nd, 2014, 03:54 AM
Original Poster

TY
Old Aug 22nd, 2014, 04:44 AM

Although it has been several years since I ate at this restaurant, http://www.daberti.it/ is near the Central Train Station and is also known at "Thieves Inn". I had the best Osso Bucco as they specialize in Milanese food.

The other restaurant I enjoyed was Nabucco. It serves delicious Italian food at reasonable prices.
Old Aug 22nd, 2014, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Will look the both of them up. Thanks.