Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

great experience in St.Petersburg, Russia

Nov 11th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Original Poster

Our family of 5 is back home after the tour of St Petersburg. We had 6 wonderful days there. Our experience was made perfect by the local guide Eugenia Kempinskaya. Her knowledge of history and the sights she presented to us and her lovely personality and charm made our time. My family including my youngest child were most impressed with everything Eugenia did, we immediately bonded with her. We stayed at Astoria hotel and loved it as well – centrally located, nice rooms, good food etc. We had Eugenia for 5 days and did city tour visiting beautiful cathedrals, Hermitage, Pushkin, Pavlovsk, Yusupov palace, Museum of the Russian Art, log cabin of Peter I. Eugenia also brought us to see metro stations, local food market and the department store where she shops. We tried much of Russian food – blinies, pies, beef stroganoff,…we even had bear!
So we had a marvelous time in St. Petersburg and can highly recommend Eugenia to every traveler. You can always reach her by e-mail [email protected] she replies promptly.

It was amazing trip and we will remember it forever.

By the way – local folks call the city simply ‘Piter’.

Nancy and Mike
Nov 13th, 2007, 02:30 AM

Hi, I am glad you enjoyed it. Sankt Petersburg is one of the world's most beautiful cities isn't it?

BTW, how does bear meat taste?
Nov 13th, 2007, 05:31 AM

OP sounds like advertising to me. Not allowed on this forum.
Nov 13th, 2007, 07:03 AM

I'm always highly suspiscious when a first post touts a guide. And then when I see that the author's second, and only other post, mirrors this one, I'm dubious.

Its an ad.
Nov 13th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

traveller1959, it is definitely one of the best destinations in Europe. Though other European capitals we have been to were also very impressive.

Bear tastes like nice beef. We had it with some souse and mashed potatoes. As we understand potatoes are very popular in Russia – we had it several times cooked in different ways.

Nancy and Mike