Good fare to London?

Old Dec 30th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good fare to London?

I'm new to post but have been lurking for a few weeks now. I'll be heading to Europe in July 2004 for my honeymoon and have started looking at airfare. I have found tickets for $664 round trip from JFK to London on BA and am wondering if this is decent for high season.
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 07:46 AM

that isn't bad for prime time flying in summer...
i should think that there might be some discounters from newark at that time of year...have you looked...
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 07:56 AM

I would expect that you should be able to do a little bit better than this fare even in the summer months. I would have thought New York to London is the most competetive transatlantic route which helps bring out some low fares.

Are you travelling on mid-week flights? If you have looked at the BA site, you can see the prices for +/-14 days relative to your chosen dates so you can see which days are typically cheaper and also at what points the prices move (I'm guessing that the beginning of July they all shift up). Any flexibility you have with your dates will help you get a better fare.

It depends on how long you are prepared to wait before securing your airline tickets. At a personal level, it also depends (with all the other things you have to think about leading up to honeymoon) whether saving a few $$s on an airfare is worth the added hassle compared to getting this booked now.
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Another issue is that I can get tickets with minimal price differences on AA, BA or VA. I've searched through past posts and now need to decide which airline will be the best. My fiance is nervous to fly overseas and is also quite tall so comfort and seats together are high on our list of priorities. I will continue to research the various airlines before making my final decision.
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 08:21 AM

Flying economy, AA is the ONLY airline that has anywhere near enough leg room. My favorite line is Virgin - but if space and leg room are important to you, stick w/ AA. The 3 to 4 inch extra pitch makes a HUGE difference . . . . . .
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 08:43 AM

I agree with janis,

If you can't sit in J or F, then AA coach is the way to go. You will have to pay for alcoholic drinks, but you will be more comfortable.
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 09:17 AM

And I agree with both janis and AAFF about flying American.

I'm planning a trip to Paris for late June/early July but so far I'm just finding prices around $1400 (on American). I'm flying ORD-CDG but the difference shouldn't be that great than it is JFK-LHR, should it? I'm hoping for closer to $600-$700. Where are you finding those prices right now?
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

I found the prices on the airline websites. Future father-in-law's FF miles may save us the trouble - but they are with Delta...any experiences I should know about? We'll be flying directly from Cincinnati instead of flying to NYC first.