Search

Gloucester to Waterloo? Tube/Taxi?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gloucester to Waterloo? Tube/Taxi?

Hi there,
Wondering how easy the Tube is from Gloucester to Waterloo. The journyplanner says it takes only 15 minutes and has a transfer... is it an easy station to transfer, as we'll have each (4 adults) have a piece of luggage and a baby with us? Is it really 15 minutes?

I am also wondering what time "business rush hour" ends in London? We'll be travelling on a Monday morning... I can be flexible about when we leave... assuming that rush hour is over by 9:30 or 10.

Finally, given our group (4 adults 1 baby, small luggage), is it just better to grab a cab to the station? Certainly it won't be the cheapest, but maybe there are other factors besides costs I'm not thinking about?

thanks,
Kat
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 10:20 AM

The transfer at Westminster and leaving the tube at Waterloo are easy, as those two stations have lifts between platforms and to station platform level, where there is a lift to Eurostar. Thinking of cost and convenience I say go by tube, not taxi. I see the rush hour as 0800 to 1000.

[email protected]
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 11:52 PM

I think it should be fine with the baby and baggage as well. I was just there in London last week and saw plenty of people with their babies and suitcases riding the tube. Just avoid the early hours of rush hour and avoid the escalators if possible (we got yelled at by one lady who told us we were standing on the wrong side of the escalator).

Otherwise, take your time and don't rush and you should have a very easy transfer to Waterloo.

Cheers.
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 12:09 AM

You can't avoid escalators at most stations, and you'd be mad to try with luggage and a baby. Just remember to stand on the right and make room on the left for people in a hurry.
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 01:00 AM

Gloucester Road, Westminster, and Waterloo have lifts.

Ben Haines