Reload this Page >

Getting the Travel bug

Search

Getting the Travel bug

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 09:12 PM
Toni

Getting the Travel bug

Here I sit reading the forum again (I find myself checking it everyday!). I want to go to Europe again. I wish that I could live in Venice, Rome, Paris, or London so I could travel more easily and more often to all the other wonderful, beautiful cities around. I've yet to see Florence, Pisa, Naples, Milan, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, etc. I want to visit all of these places before I get too old to walk up a flight of stairs, or walk all over the place. Just keep reporting on your wonderful trips and giving me the pleasure of sharing your good times. Thank you.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 04:48 AM
jw

Hi Toni, what a nice note. I'm not nearly as experienced as many on this forum, but I can say take any opportunity that comes your way, no matter how short. I don't know your age, but if you truly love Europe, don't postpone to some far off 'when I retire' sort of thing. Don't wait. As I get older, I find that it is more and more difficult to schedule a three or even two-week trip. Recently I grabbed at a tiny window of opportunity and went to Switzerland for 6 nights. I am so renewed by that short visit that I am almost giddy. Memories of this brief joyful adventure will get me through a couple of challenging years ahead. Start planning! (That's half the fun, anyway) J.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 04:56 AM
Ursula

Tony: Nice post.<BR><BR>jw: Just wondering whether six nights in the US would get me through a couple of years as well. ;o)<BR>PS: It's planned for 2003 (NYC!!)

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 05:25 AM
jw

Hi! Ursula, 6 nights in NYC should be terrific! Will it be your first visit? If so, you will spend your time in the museums! This is very interesting for me. I can hardly imagine someone who lives in Switzerland need 6 nights in the U.S. to "get through" a couple of years. Human beings are very strange creatures, don't you think?<BR><BR>Now having said that, Ursula, if you could combine a visit to NYC and to Santa Fe, you would really have contrast! <BR><BR>Toni, excuse the side-trip. Glad to have you with us. May I suggest you add Ursula's home to your to-visit list? It's the only country I can think of where you can experience hints of France in the West, Germany in the north, Italy in the south, but always through the wonderful prism that is Switzerland. J.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Vicky

Dear Toni,<BR> Go for it and travel when you can even for a short amount of time. The memories are all worth it.<BR> Vicky

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Topper

Top.