Getting from CDG Airport into Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are heading off on our "Holiday of a Lifetime" in a few months and I'd appreciate all the advice I can get on which company is best to get us from CDG to Paris. It's a very long time in a plane from Australia and when we arrive we just want to see our name on a sign and our transport waiting. I know you can travel by bus, train or even taxi but we were looking at private transportation. The problem here is there are so many to choose from; some with very similar names and all of them around the same price.

Has anyone recently used a private company to transport them from CDG into Paris? Can you give me an assessment on them both good and bad. Many thanks in advance for taking the time to help us out.

Rod
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 01:58 PM

You say why you do, but it is still "iffy" that the person will show up. Just walk out the door to a taxi. But people on here will have recs.
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 05:59 PM

I have used Shuttle-Inter, a private shuttle service (meaning that you will be the only ones in the car), with success for three round trips (CDG-Paris-CDG) over the last 2 years, most recently last Friday. You make the reservation online but do not have to pay anything until you arrive at your destination. I highly recommend this service and have nothing negative to relate. The cars are clean, the drivers polite and helpful with luggage, and you are met outside baggage claim with your name on a placard.

www.shuttle-inter.com

If, worst case scenario, the driver would not show up, you could then just walk out the door to a taxi since you have paid nothing in advance. I have always had them waiting for me, even when my plane has arrived early.
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 05:44 AM

Cost of shuttle-inter?
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 07:21 AM

Equivalent to the cost of a taxi. The important feature is not paying in advance.
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 07:26 AM

If you plan on using a shuttle, definitely have a plan b ready to go. We booked with Shuttle Inter on our last trip 2 years ago. They were not there upon our arrival and it took several phone calls before they showed up. The departure though was a mess as they did not show up at all. We hoofed it to a taxi stand and were lucky and got one right away so did not miss our flight. I was very frustrated since I verbally confirmed our departure with the driver when he dropped us at our apartment, and also emailed the company to reconfirm during the week. Yet still we were left high and dry. To top it off, when we returned home there was an email from them saying their driver was there and we were not. Um, no...so I replied with the facts and never heard a word from them. No apology, nothing. IMO, that is no way to do business. Needless to say, for our trip this summer we will go back to using taxis.
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 08:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I haved used at least three of the more familiar Paris shuttle services and finally gave up. I was stood up twice, told to wait over a half hour once and then when they do come, there can be several other stops on the way to our hotel if we end up sharing with other parties. So I just get a taxi now; the price is worth the convenience in my mind. On our last trip we bonded with the driver on the way to our hotel. He gave us his card and was available on a whim any time we needed him that weekend, and brought us to the airport at the requested time, no problems.

Was going to try the RER last time, but the line to buy tickets was insanely long, and we had no euro coins or credit card that would be accepted by the machines.
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 11:29 AM

I think if you don't prepay, there is little risk upon arrival -- just go to the taxi queue. Upon departure, it is more risky as you have to get there at a certain time or else.

But if you want someone with a sign with a name on it, it costs more than the group vans and even shuttle inter charges slightly more for their private vans than a taxi. But it is close to the same fare and you wouldn't have to worry about the traffic that way (55 euro, I don't pay that much in a taxi, although it is theoretically possible). I think all other private companies charge much more, so why do it. I really don't comprehend the difficulty of walking a few feet out to the curb to the taxi queue. To me that is less stressful than trying to meet up with someone and wondering if they will be there.
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your valuable input. You have given us something to think about. It appears there is a certain apprehension about using a shuttle company because of past reports. I will do some more reading before making up my mind as to what will suit us best. We will certainly not pay in advance.