Getting from Belgrade to Prague

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the researching part of our trip to Europe next year. I am having a hard time finding a flight from Belgrade to Prague. I have looked on Cheapoair & travelocity. I have also looked on WIZZ airlines site but no flights to prague. The cheapest I found on cheapo was Turkish airlines but with a layover in Istanbul it takes 9 hours. Should I research going by train & how long would that take.
We have a timeshare in Zlatabor for the week before so we need to return car before we fly/train to Prague. We may have to cut our week a day early & stay in Belgrade in case of early flight/train.
I know this site isn't frequented often but since its for a next years trip I'll be patient. ]
Thank you so much.
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 02:58 PM

How about flying Jat Airways from Belgrade to Vienna and then taking a train from Vienna to Prague?

Or fly Jat to some other city like Paris and then take easyJet on to Prague.
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 10:32 PM

A direct air-conditioned train leaves Belgrade 06:45, arrives Prague 22:21.

Take a picnic and bottle of wine, a good book, and enjoy a days ride across Eastern Europe.

Why not stop off in Budapest? You can buy a ticket from Belgrade to Budapest for €15 at the station on the day with unlimited availability, departs Belgrade 06:45, arrives Budapest Keleti 14:54.

Then book a Budapest to Prague train on any suitable train the next day from €19 pre-booked at www.mav-start.hu

Use www.bahn.de/en as your all purpose all Europe online train timetable...
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for information. I had thought about a train-we will be a week in Zlatabor so with such an early train we should come spend the night in Belgrade. I was up in the air about Budapest or Prague-since we will have already have been in England & Serbia we only have about 5 days left on holiday I kind of zeroed in Prague. Maybe I'll change to Budapest. HUMMMM
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Original Poster

Not much activity on this site but I got my ticket from Belgrade to Prague-A non stop on JAT. Also on JAT I got a non stop from Heathrow to Belgrade. We have 8 nights in Serbia & I sure wish there were more info. I've even had a hard time getting travel guides. DEcided on Prague for 4 nights. We have an Austrian friend & his wife joining us there. My list of things tjo do is being checked off.
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 07:23 PM

I flew JAT in the past..it was o.k.
Taking a training in the Balkans . No way.
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 09:31 PM

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Last summer our daughter and I traveled a Vienna-Zagreb-Sarajevo-Belgrade-Istanbul-Vienna route. We trained from Vienna to Zagreb (pleasant, modern, air-conditioned) and from Zagreb to Sarajevo (old, dirty, lacking air-conditioning, potable water, and a cafe car) for nearly 10 miserable hours. The bus from Sarajevo to Belgrade was manageable, though it ran out of petrol en route (thankfully within walking distance of the station.) At each border crossing the delays were a bit lengthy, too. We flew Belgrade to Istanbul, and also back home to Vienna. Never, ever, will we train or bus that extensively through the Balkan states. My report is under my forum name if you are interested in the details.
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 08:30 AM

.....taking a train...
totally agree with PP