Gemut.com?? Frankfurt locations

Dec 31st, 2005, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

Gemut.com?? Frankfurt locations

We could save about 250-300 dollors if we pick up at downtown instead of at the airport. Does anyone know how far away this is? and can you take the trian?

Thanks,
Jackie
Dec 31st, 2005, 06:57 PM

Jackie, check out autoeurope.com and look at picking up your car at Kelsterbach and returning it to Frankfurt.

Avis has a rental car location in Kelsterbach which is only a short cab ride away from the airport (less than 10 km). I think it cost us around 15 Euro. Autoeurope's rates may be competitive with Gemut's.

If this won't work for you, others can surely give you info on taking a train or taxi to downtown.
Jan 1st, 2006, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Thank you I will have to try that site!
Jan 1st, 2006, 04:01 PM

I don't remember thru whom or the area of Frankfurt where we picked up a rental car, BUT...
The cab driver couldn't locate the place.
I would definitely rent off-airport again, to save the $, BUT I would download a Michelin map showing EXACTLY where the rental was, just in case I got a cabbie from the same tribe.
Jan 1st, 2006, 08:57 PM

If you are looking at renting through Gemut.com you might want to ask them about Downtown Frankfurt, Kelsterbach, or wherever you actually want to start your trip. They have always been helpful and accomodating to me.
Jan 2nd, 2006, 06:41 AM

That is good information to know. I just looked at Autoeurope and the car rental at Kelsterbach is closed on Sunday, the day we land. Do you know of any other towns nearby that might work as well?
Jan 2nd, 2006, 07:35 AM

Hi Jackie,
I've had good experience with Nova Rentacar (www.rentacar-europe.com).
It's also possible to pick up rental cars at German train stations. There is a subway link from Frankfurt airport to Frankfur Main Station (Hauptbahnhof). Perhaps this is also an option for you.
Christine
Jan 8th, 2006, 04:49 PM

It is my understanding that due to their volume of business booking cars in Germany, Gemut.com gets special rates there from Auto Europe. That has been my experience. Friday, for example, I booked a compact car for one week in February out of Frankfurt. Auto Europe's online quote was $316...Andy at Gemut.com got me a price of $258 for the same car. I like to deal with them because they know what they're doing and I get to talk to a real person.
BTW, there is some really good car rent info at the gemut.com website and an interesting story about driving the autobahn