Frankfurt Flughafen - Please help

Old Jul 17th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankfurt Flughafen - Please help

I'm trying to get precise directions from Frankfurt Airport to Kelsterbach (in order to pick-up our car rental). On viamichelin.com when I type in Frankfurt Flughafen and the zip code 60547 it's giving me (3) different Frankfurt Flughafens to pick from ... one is 7.5km from the airport to Kelsterbach and the other two are 3.5km from the airport to Kelsterbach.

The (3) that pop up are:

1. Frankfurt Am Main: Frankfurt (Main) flughafen
2. Frankfurt Am Main: Frankfurt-Rhein-Main Flughafen
3. Frankfurt Am Main: Flughafen Frankfurt Am Main

Which one is the Main Frankfurt airport?

Thanks!!
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 05:30 PM
J62

I don't know the answer - all are the same airport, but it is possible that they refer to different points on the airport grounds - I'm only speculating, but one could be the termainal, another the business office, and the third the air national guard station.

How do you plan to get from the airport to Kelstarbach? If it is by taxi, the driver will know.
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 05:32 PM

To get to Kelsterbach from the Frankfurt Airport, take the S-Bahn from the Frankfurt (Main) Flughafen Regionalbhf. Kelsterbach is the next stop in the direction away from Frankfurt (i.e. toward Wiesbaden).
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies.

J62, I read a few other posts where the taxi driver wasn't sure how to get to the car rental address in Kelsterbach so their taxi charge ended up being more than it should have ... so that is why I thought I would have a copy of directions in case he/she wasn't sure.

We are picking our rental car up at Avis in Kelsterbach.

MusicTeacher, train is a good idea .. I guess I need to find out how far the train station is from Avis. A

Thanks!
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

Ok, now I remember why I got hung up on this before with my other original post regarding thi same topic ... The Kelsterbach web site is in German .... Does anyone happen to know the address of the train station in Kelsterbach? Thanks.
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 06:21 PM

"Main" is the name of the river that runs through Frankfurt; perhaps you already know that, but I think it's easy to confuse it with our usage of the Eng. word "main."

Old Jul 17th, 2006, 07:32 PM

I looked up the Avis address in Kelsterbach. It is Grenzweg 9. Then I did an "advanced search" on reiseauskunft.bahn.de, which gave a map of the destination. Avis is near the Autobahn exit and quite some distance from the train station. The S-Bahn might not be a good idea unless you can get a taxi from the Kelsterbach S-Bahn station. There is a direct bus from Terminal 1 of the Frankfurt Airport with a stop just down the street from Avis, but if you have much luggage, a local bus might not be a good idea either.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Grandmere and MusicTeacher!! I guess we'll take a taxi (seems the easiest) and hope that the driver can get us to Kelsterbach in under 15 minutes.