Frankfort airport to Erlensee

Nov 24th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Frankfort airport to Erlensee

Hi,

I need some advice, will be arriving at the Frankfort airport and need to get to the Frankfort suburb of Erlensee. Will I be able to do this by train, or do I need to plan on a taxi ride??

Many thanks for help.
Nov 25th, 2007, 03:05 AM

The taxi will probably be the easiest, but also most expensive way to travel to Erlensee.

While that suburb itself is not connected to the interurban railway system of the Frankfurt area, you can easily ride with no transfers every 30min to Hanau, with any S9 train in that direction from Frankfurt Airport regional train station.

From Hanau station you will need to take bus(es) to reach your final destination (total price € 6.60), though it would be good to know where exactly in Erlensee your final destination will be (hotel?).
Nov 25th, 2007, 10:49 AM

If you know the street address in Erlensee, you can go to the German Rail site

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

click on Advanced Search, and get the complete route (train, bus, walking, etc.) from the airport to that address.
Nov 26th, 2007, 12:28 PM

FrankfOrt is the capital of Kentucky. If using schedule websites, it might be helpful to properly spell the name of the German city, FrankfUrt. Actually Frankfurt(M) is preferrable.
Nov 29th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information, I should know better than to spell Frankfurt with an o. Also, the rail site was a big help.
Dolores