Gatwick Hotels

Mar 9th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Original Poster

Gatwick Hotels

We arrive late Friday afternoon at Gatwick and have an 8 am flight out the next day. Lots of hotels showing. Hard to choose with such a range.

Double room.

Any suggestions from recent experience?
Mar 9th, 2009, 09:20 PM

Budget?
Mar 9th, 2009, 09:26 PM

I stay here when I need an overnight near Gatwick: springwoodguesthouse.co.uk but it's a B&B, not a hotel. They'll pick you up and drop you off at the airport, although only 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. You might need a taxi for an 8:00 am flight. You can walk to a good pub for dinner.
Mar 9th, 2009, 09:46 PM

We always stay at the Gatwick Travelodge. It's not expensive. They have family rooms (you don't say how many people you are traveling with), and they have a shuttle to the airport (I think there is a small fee of 4 pounds which can add up if there are several of you). We usually stay there and then drop our car in the airport parking so I don't know how the shuttle is.
Jun 9th, 2012, 04:09 PM

We have no hesitation in recommending the Springwood Guest House (www.springwoodguesthouse.co.uk) just outside Gatwick Airport (as mentioned by thursdaysd). We stayed there for one night last month (May 2012) on our way home from Gatwick. The B&B is very clean, very reasonably priced, well-run and breakfasts are wonderful. Host Sue is very welcoming and nice and just couldn’t do enough for us. She will pick you up either at the airport or the train in nearby Horley which is within walking distance of the B&B and is a great village to sample English village life before heading home. In all, a great place and we would certainly stay there again.
Jun 9th, 2012, 08:47 PM

GrammieDale: The thread is 3+ years old, doubt servaeus is still looking . . .