Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for triple room in B&B or hotel near Gatwick, can you help? Please?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Sandy

We need a room for 3 adults for one night in March. I've done a search on this forum and also on Google and though many suggestions/choices came up, they were either out of our price range or the website won't let me book a triple room.<BR><BR>We'd like something $75 or less. We'll only be in the room from around 11:00 p. to 7:30 a., so it only needs to be clean, safe, have bathroom, and have 3 beds or 1 double plus 1 twin. <BR><BR>The internet sites mostly have said max 2 adults (even when it lists family rooms), what's up with that? I don't want to have to call each hotel.<BR><BR>Can anyone recommend something? Anyone have any first-hand experience with triple rooms near Gatwick?<BR><BR>Thank you in advance,<BR>Sandy

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 11:50 AM
John

I'm guessing if you ARE able to find a place that only charges $25 per person, it will be so far away from the airport that you will face a hefty taxi fare getting there and back.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Ann

Sandy, I can highly recommend the Gable End Guest House in Horley, but it also may not meet your price cap. I believe their triples are 65 GBP. However, the Irish couple who run it are wonderful and extremely accommodating, and it is near the historic Ye Olde Six Bells pub, a nice way to end your stay in Britain. Their site is www.gable-end.com and it really is quite a lovely house. Hope they can help. Best wishes.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Sherri

The Travel Inn Gatwick Airport (a chain of budget hotels) has a rate of 49 pounds per night per room. They have family rooms with a king and a sofa bed. They have a complimentary shuttle and are located less than one mile from Gatwick Airport (north terminal). <BR><BR>Another inexpensive chain is the Ibis and they also have family rooms; there is an Ibis near Gatwick.

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Gordon R

Could also try travelodge Gatwick - another budget chain place but very comfortable and convenient for airport. They do family rooms for &pound;50 or under with double + sofabed, but not sure if they're OK about 3 adults in 1 room.

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Ira

Hi Sandy<BR> We stayed at the Gatwick Belmont Guest House. They have complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport.<BR><BR> Their site lists a triple.<BR><BR>http://www.milesfaster.co.uk/london-...ck-belmont.htm

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Russ

Our family of three loved the Copperwood. One train stop from Gatwick, but the very friendly owners will shuttle you for free. Right in your price range. Here's a webpage with several places listed:<BR><BR>http://www.accomodata.com/gatwick.htm

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 07:52 AM
Hal

I stayed at glenalmond B&amp;B in Horley. Owner is retired police detective. He came to airport to pick up and take back included in price. Just 3 minute drive. He shows triple for 60 pounds. e-mail [email protected]<BR>website www.glenalmondguesthouse.com<BR><BR>Also here is website for Gatwick B&amp;B Association<BR><BR>www.gatwickguesthouses.com

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Sandy

Thank you all very much. <BR><BR>I had not seen the www.gatwickguesthouses.com site before and there are lots 'o places for me to check out.<BR><BR>I've already started looking at some of your suggestions . . . some have no availability for my one night and I'm still checking on the others. I'm sure I'll find something.<BR><BR>Thanks again, I knew y'all would know and could point me in the right direction.<BR><BR>Sandy<BR><BR>