Notices

cheap hotel near gatwick

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 11:40 AM
jane

cheap hotel near gatwick

Is there one? Preferably one with a free shuttle bus. Or is some other option better? Thank you.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 12:25 PM
Keith

There are hotels like Meridian, etc at Gatwick - not really cheap though. You could look at www.abcholidayextras.co.uk who have special deals with hotels etc.

Otherwise there are plenty B&Bs nearby - there were some listed on the board recently, so do a search.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:23 AM
Ann

I just returned from London. Stayed at the Thistle Gatwick which has a shuttle that costs 1 pound--the airport is only 2 miles away. The rate for the three of us was 131 pounds--about $200. I'm sure you could get a better rate for a single or double. It was very convenient and clean--nice dining room for dinner or breakfast. Go on Thistle website for more info. Altho with Thistle our experience is that you get a better rate by calling their 800 number. There's also a Holiday Inn close by to the airport--I don't know their rates, but you could check their website or call.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:52 AM
janis

My question is why do you want to stay at Gatwick? Because of a very early flight?

Unless I have a flight out before 7 AM I always stay in central London. There are so many more hotels to choose from in every price range, I am in London an extra day/night, and the Gatwick Express is fast cheap and frequent.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Christy

Hi Jane,
My husband and I stayed at Crutchfield Farms, a B&B within 5-10 minutes from Gatwick. Mrs. Block took us the airport in the morning. The house has an extensive history, dating to Lord Gatwyk. The night before, she took us to a pub in Horley for dinner and we cab-ed back. Excellent stay.