Notices

Gatwick Hotel

Old Mar 18th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gatwick Hotel

My husband, two kids and I are going to London and need to stay at a hotel near Gatwick airport. Any recommendations with email or web addresses would be great? Looking for a inexpensive hotel with shuttle to airport.
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Cassandra

ttt

Old Mar 19th, 2005, 11:29 AM

We have stayed at the hotel inside the airport. It wasn't that expensive. Less than 100.00 last summer. We stay there the night before the flight out. That way there is no shuttle. We took the express train with our luggage from London to Gatwick walked into the hotel. Next morning walked down to the flight check in. Especially with kids you don't have to leave until the last minute. They even have the flights posted on the TV in the rooms. I did it on the internet. I can't remember what brand the hotel is. It shouldn't be to hard to find out.
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 12:03 PM

You can find reviews of most of the Gatwick hotels at www.tripadvisor.com
Believe me, they are mixed.
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 12:28 PM

I have stayed at the Travel Inn at Gatwick many times.... nice, clean and cheap ! They have a restaurant in the lobby also. As I recall, it was around 70GBP
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 01:50 PM

You could try www.holidayextras.co.uk who normally have good rates for Gatwick hotels. The Le Meridien is attached to the North Terminal and the Hilton to the South terminal.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 02:37 PM

It's been a couple years, but we stayed at Ifield Court hotel. Very pleasant and not a chain. Popular with Brits traveling overseas as they have free car park if you stay at least one night. When we drove up and saw all the cars we thought there must be a convention going on! Have internet link for flight status and free(confirm) shuttle. Close to Gatwick. Can't remember price, but if we stayed there, it wasn't outrageous!
Old May 8th, 2005, 01:27 PM

Don't know if the OP still needs this info or not but for anyone else, we just stayed at the Le Meridien Hotel at London Gatwick for one night before our flight to Dallas. It worked out perfectly for us and the room was in very good condition. I had read such mixed reviews that I was quite pleasantly surprised at how nice the room actually was!

The bed was very comfortable and the room was modern, and up to date and the A/C worked! We even got an upgrade to a full size corner suite that was connected to our room. Great for laying out all our luggage and other things to pack.

Breakfast was not included in our internet price but at least it was available. A full buffet - okay but nothing fantastic. But it had pretty much everything you need - eggs, bacon, etc.

I would recommend this hotel if it fits into your schedule. It is not too far from the terminals and very handy! The check in personnel and the bellmen were very efficient and very friendly.

Ginny
Old May 8th, 2005, 04:30 PM

We stay at the Lawn Guest House in Horley the night before we fly out of Gatwick. It's about a 5 to 10 minute cab ride to the airport; I believe the owner gives guests a free ride to the airport depending on what time you need to go.

www.lawnguesthouse.co.uk
Old May 8th, 2005, 04:44 PM

Check out the Arora International at Gatwick. The reviews for it are a lot less "mixed" than for the other hotels in the area IMO.

www.arorainternational.com
Old May 8th, 2005, 04:58 PM

Have stayed at Gable End B&B www.gable-end.com or at www.smoothhound.co.uk. Located in Horley which is very close to Gatwick. This B&B is well kept up, very reasonable rates and ideally located for Gatwick. There is also a wonderful pub within walking distance for a very nice meal. I think it was called 6-bells. The owners Mary & Joseph will point you in the right direction.

Sandy