Fun Tavernas in Oia Santorini

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be staying in Oia for 4 nights in June and we would like to know where to go for some light music and entertainment in the evenings.

Is there a place called Santorini Mau? I think I heard something about this place but I can't seem to find anything about it.

Please suggest other places that you know about too. Thank you.
Laurie
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 10:16 AM

I don't know much about where to find light music or entertainment, but we really loved Nik's Taverna in Oia for casual great seafood/ meat dishes, and beautiful views upstairs of the sunset! And, of course, don't miss an evening at one of the seafood restaurants in Amoudi Bay, which you can access by the L O N G set of stairs at the end of town and/or taxi. We like Dimitris and Katrinas, but there are other places, too. You're literally dining at the edge of the water in Amoudi Bay. It's really beautiful. Have fun!
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 10:27 AM

On the outskirts of Oia near the Perivolas Hotel and the settlement of Finikia is Santorini Mou, a local taverna where the owner likes to serenade his customers. Sometimes he's joined by other musicians and dancers. It can be a lot of fun there. Don't go too early or you might miss it.

Weadles, where in Oia is Nik's Taverna? I don't remember seeing that one.
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Weadles and Brotherleelove, for you recommendations!
I was spelling Santorini Mou wrong which was the reason I couldn't find any information about it.

Brotherleelove, how early is too early? If we were there around 10:00 at night, would that be too early? How is the food at Santorini Mou. Maybe we could go for dinner at 8:00 and stay for the party!

Thanks again! Laurie
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 11:38 AM

10 PM would be perfect.
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 12:13 PM

We love Katrinas Taverna in Amoudi 600 feet down from Oia.
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Bob. We are planning to go to Katrina's Tavern for lunch on a Wednesday afternoon.

Do you know if there is a beach nearby?

Laurie
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 01:06 PM

No beach, but the best swimming on the island is at the end of the seawall that begins on Amoudi Wharf. Walk 1/4 mile to the end and there's a platform and large rocks for sunbathing. The water is calm, beautiful blue and the views of the caldera from sea level are unique.
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 09:45 PM

Hi Laurie,
We went to Santorini Mou a couple of years ago. We had dinner about 9.00 pm, the food was reasonable but we had a huge night! It is a fun place and the owner was in fine form (rather fancied a very attractive lady who was in our party). We danced and we danced, even though I am not Greek I learnt traditional dancing when I was younger and they were a bit surprised when I could do some of the more complicated dances. A large party of Greeks sent drinks to us in appreciation and ended up joining our table. One of the waiters was also an accomplished bouzoki player . I think we left about 3am after many, many complimentary drinks with the owner, the chef and all the waiters. However, I dont know if this is a common occurrence. We walked back to Esperas Villas where we were staying, or so they tell me. I also second the vote for Katrinas, lunch then a swim. Ahh life's good.
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info about Santorini Mou, Toni. That sounds like a really fun night! We had a night like that at an outdoor restaurant/bar in Venice one time. Lots of singing and birthday and anniversary celebrations with visiting Italians and they were very warm and generous towards us! We had a great time.

Truly a night to remember...or sort of remember?

Thanks again for your suggestions.
Laurie