full English breakfast

Search

full English breakfast

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2003, 02:29 PM
brophy

full English breakfast

Hello!

We're going to be in London in January staying at the Thistle Euston. My only regret is they have continental breakfast and I always crave the full English fry-up. Does anyone know any cheap breakfast restaurants in the KingsCross/Euston/Bloomsbury vicinity?

Thanks very much!

Old Nov 6th, 2003, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We once messed up our schedule and arrived at King's Cross train station to take a day trip somewhere, and then found out no trains left for over another hour. We went right across the street and just to the right. It was a sort of neighborhood hole in the wall place, but we all had huge, very good full English breakfast and it was really cheap!!! Sorry I can't be more specific.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 03:28 PM

Posted too soon. Wanted to also say there were four of us. About two or three days later we did the grand full English Breakfast at Simpson's in the Strand -- not even counting price (a gigantic difference), I remember we all sat there and decided we liked several things better at the cheap one across from King's Cross, particularly the sausage.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 06:02 PM

When you order, ask them NOT to put the beans on top of your easy over fried eggs (if that is what you are having) because in my experience that is just what they will do!
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 06:27 PM

No beans? Lout.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 08:26 PM
ron

The Thistle Euston does offer a full English Breakfast. If your room rate only gives you the continental, I am sure they will sell you the full breakfast for a small supplement.
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 12:25 AM

There are a few cheap cafes that do all day breakfasts near Kings Cross station - you'll spot them easily just by walking around the area. You should just go for one that has a lot of customers inside, not just one drooling homeless person slumped in the corner.

Soho is a good area for cafe breakfasts too.
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 01:22 AM

The area immediately around Cardington Street isn't terribly good for greasy spoons (Euston station has the worst sort of food court) - and the row of them at KX station really is a bit of a schlep, especially in miserable weather, and especially with all the construction works around KX station.

There are a couple of really excellent places slightly nearer, between Flaxman Terrace and Judd Street, on the south side of Euston Road, just west of the British Library. You can even get bubble+squeak for breakfast at some of them.

The good news, though is that Drummond Street, off Cardington Street, has a great concentration of Bombay-style Indian snack places. Some of the takeaways are open in the morning, and make a fantastic alternative to black pudding and baked beans.

There are a few cafes in a passage off Hampstead Road, just south of Drummond St. Can't remember if any are greasy spoons, but worth investigating.