French Train Strikes in August

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2018, 06:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

We are taking a train on August 30 from Paris to Rennes. I just recently saw that more train strikes could be planned in August. What is the best link to follow this? If there is a train strike on 30 August, ideas of alternate ways to get to Rennes from Orly? We will have arrived from an overnight flight from the US so would prefer not to drive. Thanks!
Old Aug 5th, 2018, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are several van/minibus/car services between Orly and Rennes - just Google that. And Google SNCF train strikes days ahead of your flight to see and how to refund your ticket if happens.
Old Aug 5th, 2018, 08:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
There is only one trade union that is still calling for strikes after the fiasco of the previous months. They had a strike all by themselves a couple of weeks ago and there was practically no disruption of SNCF services.
Old Aug 5th, 2018, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks! Good to hear, kerouac. PalenQ, The shuttles/minibus were rather expensive so glad I don't have to rely on them. I think we will be good to go.
Old Aug 5th, 2018, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ran into that strike a couple weeks ago, I was surprised as I thought they were supposed to end first week in July. That was July 19th, but where I was (Occitanie), it was only affecting some TER trains.

I don't think they've announced any particular dates for August, that was just a prediction made way back in June, if I recall, that they might have some strike days in August or early September. I would think the best place to check would be the SNCF website itself.