french riviera nightlife

Search

french riviera nightlife

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 02:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
french riviera nightlife

How is the nightlife in the French Riviera? I'm planning on staying in Nice for two nights but I'm wondering if I should try out another nearby town's nightlife as well. How's Cannes? Monaco? (Keep in mind we are college students... college budgets...)
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 05:25 AM

I hope someone else can help you with this 1crystal. Though I know the area well, regrettably my nightlife experience, especially the budget kind, is rather limited. I do think you will be better off in Nice, since its a large city.
Cannes and Monaco have lots of nightclubs, but I don't know any that are not astronomically expensive.

One place that would be good in addition to Nice is Juan les Pins. The place seems to be one big party in summer, there are always lots of young people there.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 06:16 AM
Ile

1crystal,

if you are staying in Nice, than you should definately go out in the city. There are planty of nice places (pubs,clubs, what exactly are you looking for?).
Another thing: when are planning to go?
Cannes and Monaco are neither nice nor budget.
Another option (which I personaly prefer to Nice) it's Antibes or Juan-les-Pins. But there is the distance, if you are staying in Nice than you need a car (there aren't trains during the night!).
What exactly do you want and when are you going?

Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

I'm looking for both a generic fun club to go to, but also perhaps something a little more different as well. We're traveling Europe by the Eurail so unfortunately we won't have a car. How far is Antibes/Juan les Pins, and how much does it cost to take a taxi b/w there and Nice?
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:22 PM
Ile

The taxi should be about 35-40 euros, but it's not easy to find a taxi, you need to call. Probably it's better to wait for the first train in the morning (www.sncf.fr - for train schedule).

But Nice is great, you'll find everything you want. You could visit Antibes-Juan les Pins by day time.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I'm no longer into the night life but friends say St Tropez has some great clubs and night life.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:20 PM

You really don't have a choice if your hotel will be in Nice you will have to party in Nice. There are no trains after mid-night and the cost of taxis to where you would want to go would be out of sight. You should have no problem having a good-time in Nice at night.

Have fun and stay safe.

Larry J
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 08:30 PM

Hello, following up on this post...how far is Juan Les Pins from Nice (by car?) Thanks!!
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 08:40 PM

You can get time and mileage figures from mappy.com and viamichelin.com. But the drive isn't all that long, although traffic can make it feel that it is.
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Ile

Well, normally, it should be something around 40 minutes maximum!
But in july and august, you can end up staying in traffic for hours.Early in the morning, or late in the evening it shouldn't be a problem though!
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 09:26 AM

Depends on wether you drive along the coast; through Antibes, Cap d'Antibes, then into Juan les Pins (the Les Pinedes area of Juan les Pins), or along the motorway until the Juan les Pins exit. The former will take longer, but will be nicer. The latter will be fast until you get off the motorway.