France/Italy Honeymoon Help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, we have 4 days to plan and don't know where to go, so far here is our itinerary:

Paris 3 nights
Open.... 4 nights
Positano, Italy 3 nights
Rome, Italy 2 nights

We are considering:
South of France, Venice, Tuscany/Florence, or Cinque Terre. Please help me pick one...or two if you think we can do it?

Thanks!!!!!
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 05:10 PM

This is your honeymoon, right? Is there a reason you're moving around so much...and so far???

Have you been to France/Italy before? Car or train? What's important to you both? Museums? Historic sites?

We'll need to know more about you to make suggestions. But I can pretty well predict that everyone on this board will pull their hair out with one glance at your very ambitious itinerary.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 06:18 PM

1. Add 2 days to Paris, which will actually give you just 4 days in that romantic city.

2. Add 2 days to Rome. Again, 4 days (you have to add in travel time) will just scratch the surface.

Please give yourselves time to just sit in a café and relax and have leisurely lunches and dinners.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 06:24 PM

You could easily spend your twelve night vacation in EITHER France or Italy, but if you insist on doing both, I'd recommend:

4 nights in Positano
2 nights in Capri
2 nights in Rome
FLY ROME TO PARIS
4 nights Paris

Save Tuscany/Florence, Cinque Terre, and the South of France for your next two trips!

Good luck!
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 06:30 PM

Four nights in Positano and two nights on Capri, considering the limited time that you have, seem too much.

I would agree with Underhill: Four nights Paris (the day you arrive will be half lost because of jet lag), four nights Positano, four nights Rome.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 06:59 PM

Do France or Italy but not both.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

I should add. The other cities are not flexible. I have booked my airfare into Paris, hotels in Paris, airfare out of Rome and hotels in Rome, and hotels in Positano. I booked the Paris/Rome travel as a package through expedia so it cannot be changed. I just really need to figure out the 4 days that are open. The other days will not be changed.

Thanks!
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Melissajoy

Hi, your plan has me confused, but you have scheduled just a teasing glimpse of the exciting city of Rome! Add your days onto Rome somehow...We had 4 wonderful nights in Rome and didn't want to leave. 1 day for the Ancient Rome area, including the colosseum, Roman Forum, Pantheon etc. 1 day for the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's. 1 day to climb the dome of St. Peter's since you probably won't have time to do this on the previous day, and also to see Trastevere, the Trevi fountain, and Piazza Navona, and the Spanish Steps. That's 3 full days already and that's just the beginning...Rome is wonderful.

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 04:16 AM
ira

Hi hp,

Since everything else is fixed, I suggest Venice.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 04:22 AM

If all hotels and travel between sites have been firmly set, then I would add 3 nights to Paris, 1 night to Positano. Contact your hotels to inquire about extra nights. Paris shouldn't be a problem, even if you have to move to a different hotel for the extra nights.

If you can't add a night in Positano, just book all 4 nights in Paris. I can't imagine honeymooners regretting a full week in Paris!

(If travel between sites is NOT firmly set, then I would go along with Underhill: Add 2 nights Paris, 2 nights Rome.)

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 04:38 AM

Since it is your honeymoon, I would add the nights to Paris. You could also split the difference and add two to Paris and two to Positano. I wouldn't suggest adding still another site - you have too much running around as it is.