Search

Food Tours in Bologna,Restaurants ???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Food Tours in Bologna,Restaurants ???

We want to do a food tour in bologna Italy., Possibly Parma cheese,
Modena balsamic vinegar and the Italy hams .Any suggestions////Also anyone have a favorite Restaurant.
thanks for all replies
doug
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 03:05 PM

There must be a zillion by now, inside Bologna and people who will meet you in Bologna and take you out of Bologna to vinegar producers and Parma ham and cheese producers. Most of them are reviewed on TripAdvisor. If you are going in August, most Parma cheese makers will not be producing because of the heat, so be careful before booking a pricey tour. Ask lots of questions.

I have lots of favorite restaurants in Bologna, but you might not have the same budget that I do or be interested in eating what I like to eat. If you are going on a food tour, you are unlikely to want to eat a full restaurant meal in Bologna the same day.

How long will you be in Bologna and where are you staying, and what is your budget for eating -- and what kind of food interests you?
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 06:00 PM

Just Google " Italian food days".
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 04:45 AM

I think it is better to look at a range of operators and read reviews to see what sounds like the best fit for you. Nothing against Italian Food Days, but why not shop around and read reviews?

http://www.emiliadelizia.com/three-gourmet-food-tours/

http://www.emilianlandtour.it/

bobthenavigator,

Why are you recommending that particular tour? When did you take it and how much did you pay?
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 05:11 AM

I agree---read the reviews.
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 09:02 AM

I would whole-heartedly recommend the Italian Days Food Tour. We took the tour in October 2012, and have nothing but positive things to say about it. I chose that tour based on the feedback in this forum, as well as Trip Advisor. I think it is the only thing I have seen reviewed on Trip Ad. with nothing but 5 star reviews.

It is not cheap - I don't remember exactly the cost (maybe $120 PP, and I believe there has since been an increase) but we felt that we received more than our money's worth. That cost includes transportation, all tours, of course, and a VERY generous lunch. Don't believe what they say about a "light lunch."

Alessandro's passion for the products is contagious, and his humor sets the tone for the entire day. Transportation was very prompt, using comfortable Mercedes vans. I would even go again if I return to Bologna.
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 09:10 AM

We have not been in Bologna since the fall of the Roman Empire, are Diana's and Papagallo's still around? Then Diana's was excellent and Papagallos's a bit ot a tourist trap.
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 03:51 AM

Just did the Italian Days Food tour last month. Is was great and I would highly recommend it.
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

Stevewith, thanks for the rely. we are staying in bologna two nights ,one before the tour and the night of the tour. We like seafood. our budget 125.00 without wine for these dinners

thanks to all for the replies, my computer was down
the Italian food days was our first choice ,wanted other choices
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 09:02 AM

If you go on the Italian Days Food experience with Alessandro you won't need to worry about dinner that night. After the "light" lunch we were barely able to eat a "piccolo" gelato for dinner.
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks that's What we heard , thanks FOR THE REPLYS
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 04:40 AM

Definitely endorse Alessandro and Italian Days Food. We initially did his tour a couple of years ago and were so impressed. we've recommended the tour to many of our cooking school guests who all rave about the experience.