Search

food choices near renaissance heathrow hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
food choices near renaissance heathrow hotel

Hello fodorites,
I have a layover in London and will be staying at the renaissance heathrow hotel for one night. I know the hotel has a restaurant but i'v heard it's overpriced and not very good. can anyone tell me what my options are for food in the area? I would love to be able to walk to something. are there any markets or convenience stores nearby? fast food restaurants? My flight gets in on tuesday night at 6:45 pm. thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 12:54 PM

You could always take the bus or a taxi to Windsor, which is nearby and tour and have a nice dinner there. Sorry , it's been too long since I've been there to recommend anything specific. Our hotel on the river had a very good dining room and we had several excellent meals in the town. Maybe someone else can help with current places
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 01:30 PM

I Googled restaurants near your hotel, and found only a McDonald's across the street, and Henley's restaurant in another nearby hotel, the Radisson Edwardian. http://www.radissonedwardian.com/hot...edwair/dinings

Best of British luck, as my experience with hotel grub in the U.K. has been disappointing. Best to ask at the desk for directions to a good pub in the area.

Old Jun 26th, 2009, 07:45 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
From what I remember along that end of the Bath Rd (towards the east side of LHR) there are a couple of Indian places and perhaps a Fish & Chips takeaway. But maybe not w/i walking distance. Just across and down the road from your hotel are the Radisson a Marriott, Sheraton and a Travel Inn which each have restaurants. But it is definitely not "Gourmet Gulch" If it was me - I'd just eat at the Renaissance or one of the other nearby hotels. At least it will be better than airline food

Windsor is nice - but a cab there will be expensive.
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 07:50 PM
yk

http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/renaissance_lhr.htm

<i>Opposite the hotel, down by the side of the Park Inn hotel is Sovereign Food & Wine, pictured right. This is a small convenience store which includes fruit, confectionery and wine. There is also a cash machine inside. Next door to it an Italian Restaurant.

A McDonald's is located about 200m from the hotel, east in front of the Radisson Edwardian hotel. Just west of the hotel is The Three Magpies Pub, which does food including steaks.

If you walk west past the Park Inn and Holiday Inn, there is a public bus to Windsor Castle taking about 25 minutes. These run every 30 minutes, hourly Sundays. </i>
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 08:26 PM

What we did lat December was call one of the local Indian restaurants and have food delivered to our hotel. The hotel desk had brochures from 3 different retaurants, and the food from the one we chose was terridic. What a feast!