Most beautiful Italian lake?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just returned from Italy including three days in Bellagio. I have to say that I have never seen a place that was more gorgeous. BUT I read that Lake Garda is considered more beautiful! I can't believe it because it would be impossible! Anyway, I would return to Lake Como in a New York minute, but if the God's ever smile on me allowing me to return to Italy, perhaps I should see some of the other lakes. What is your opinion if you have visted this area?
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 09:26 AM

I have been to Garda, Como, Orta and Maggiore and find them all incredibly beautiful, and each very different. I don't think I would call one more beautiful than the next. But I did have different experiences at each. If I were to return soon, I'd probably choose the Swiss end of Maggiore. I enjoyed the activities there more.
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 09:26 AM

Which is better - Beethoven's 5th or Mozart's 40?

IMO, the northern part of Lake Garda is really breathtaking.
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 09:34 AM

rbnwdln, WHEN you return (not if) visit one or two of the others, and then tell us what you think!
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 12:07 PM

I have been to all 5 major lakes [Lugano is #5] multiple times and will be going back this fall for a week in Bellagio to celebrate our 50th anniversary. The Italy lakes have always been my favorite " destination". They are all quite unique and hard to compare. Como is a most beautiful overall, but Orta has my vote for most romantic. The north end of Garda can be spectacular when the wind surfers are out. And, I love the gardens at both Maggiore and Como. Take 2 weeks and see them all--now that would be a trip.
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

bob! Say hello to Bellagio for me! I thought its beauty stupendous and I am the girl who always thought that the Amalfi Coast was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. Perhaps someday I will return and get to see the other lakes. I have diminishing vision so hope to make it soon. If not, the memories of the beauty of Italy remains with me always. Have a wonderful 50th anniversary. Your advice for OUR trip was invaluable. Were you the one who recommended Ortisei? LOVED it!
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 03:17 PM

Grazie !
We will be going back to Ortisei as well on the same trip. We start with a week in Venice, then Dolomites, then Engadine, then Lago Lugano, then Bellgio.
Old Jun 25th, 2009, 10:12 AM

Hi Rb - The most beautifull lake in Italy? There's only one winner IMO

Lake Braies in the Dolomites

Steve
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 11:16 PM

Agree with Steve, we went there this last May and it was incredibly beautiful. Very green and the mountains mirror on the lake surface so stunningly. Its a small lake though.