Flying to Paris

Feb 6th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Flying to Paris

Has anyone ever purchased flights from a European site? I found that these tickets are hundreds cheaper than using the American sites like priceline, hotwire or expedia. Does anyone know if buying from a foreighn company is safe? Any sites I should check out? I don't need sleeping arrangements, just a flight. I'm going the first full week of March if that helps. Thanks for your advice.
Feb 6th, 2007, 09:14 AM

yes, I've bought from a European site, I guess, as I've bought from the site of a European airline.

Priceline, hotwire, etc. are a completely different story and aren't the same thing as buying a regular ticket, though. There are some that are more like expedia, just based in Europe, but I haven't used them as I use them to check out possibilities and then book with the airline directly (eg., opodo.fr). The site was not cheaper than the airline itself. YOu can try www.opodo.co.uk but it's nothing like priceline or hotwire.
Feb 6th, 2007, 10:51 AM

Yes, in 2006 we bought Paris-Prague directly from SkyEurope, Rome-London from RyanAir, and Zagreb-Dubrovnik from Croatia Air. Saved lots of money by doing this. Print out your confirmation as always, and read the email confirmation they send you thoroughly. Also read their luggage limits, policies, etc.
Feb 7th, 2007, 02:22 AM

Is "buying from a foreign company safe"? Of course not: every one "out there" is working out schemes to rip you off of your hard-earned dollars, however devalued they might be nowadays. Buying off an EU based website is extremely dodgy, once you leave US territory the whole world is a jungle. Purchasing from ebookers or opodo is akin to responding to these Nigerian financial scams you get in your email.
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:59 AM
ira

Hi S,

AV hasn't taken his meds this morning.

Have you tried www.kayak.com and www.mobissimo.com?