Flying Into Milan

Search

Flying Into Milan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Into Milan

For a 2 week vacation through Italy is there wisdom to flying into Milan instead of Rome? Are there other Port of Entry cities that would be easier to deal with than Rome?
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:12 AM

Flying from where?

Will you have to rearrange your witnin-country itinerary if you do start out in Milan?
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Yes we would most likely start in Milan and then move Southward if it is easier than dealing with Rome's airport and traffic
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:32 AM

My own questions would include:

Will there be a susbtantial difference in price Milan vs. Rome?

Are you renting a car or relying on public transportation to get from the airport to the first stop?

I've flown into the main Rome airport as well as into both Malpensa and Linate in Milan.

In the case of Rome I either took the train into the city or a taxi so getting away from the airport was fairly simple.

I honestly don't know if Milan would be any less busy than Rome depending on the time of day/day pof week (I'm talking Malpensa; Linate seems to have mostly flights arriving from other European destinations).

Hopefully others will comment for you.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:32 AM

What places do you intend to visit? If you're planning on Tuscany, fly into Florence. Relative to the city, it's a tiny little airport and very easy to navigate.

Milan Linate is a lot smaller than Rome's main airport but unless you plan on going up North to the lakes you're probably better off going into Florence.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:50 AM

Unless you plan to visit towns in the north, I would not voluntarily choose Milan.
Rome is no mor difficult to fly into than Milan .If you rent a car and drive, it's a long pretty boring drivr to just reach Florence.
If you go by train, you will need to take a bus to the termini before you can head south.
Your question seems to indicate that you want to start in one and finish at the other. Maybe you want some time at Como?
So, if you could fill us in with a little more detail,we might be able to better help.