Florence lodging

Search

Florence lodging

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2008, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florence lodging

Looking for recommendation for 2 or 3 star hotel or B and B near attractions in Florence center.
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:28 AM

You really ought to post a price range rather than a preferred star rating...

I loved the B&B we stayed in last time, on the Piazza della Signoria:

http://www.inpiazzadellasignoria.com/
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:47 AM

Hotel Europa is convenient and about 140 Euros.
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:53 AM

Take a look at Il Villino. It's a little north of the Duomo and an easy walk to everything. There are several good restaurants close also. The service at Il Villino is wonderful as is the hotel.

http://www.ilvillino.it/home.cfm

[email protected]
Old May 31st, 2008, 12:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
And we like the Tourist House Ghiberti.

www.touristhouseghiberti.com
Old May 31st, 2008, 04:05 PM

We also loved Tourist House Ghiberti.
Old May 31st, 2008, 04:35 PM

Hi

When are you going and how long for? The B&B Accademia House screams value - http://www.accademiahouse.com
Old May 31st, 2008, 07:10 PM

I love Hotel Bellettini which is located near San Lorenzo and the market. Great location. People at the hotel were so helpful and kind. Breakfast was delicious.
www.hotelbellettini.com
I also have stayed at the Hotel Medici. It's location is superb...just about a block away from the Duomo. It was being renovated the last time i was in Florence so I don't know if it is still affordable or not. It has stunning views from it's rooftop terrace.
Old May 31st, 2008, 07:12 PM

Website for Hotel Medici is: www.hotelmedici.it
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:25 PM

I second the Piazza della Signoria:

http://www.inpiazzadellasignoria.com/

Old Jun 1st, 2008, 08:59 AM

Here are my rather lengthy notes about my recommendation in Florence, the Relais Cavalcanti:

"We took a short cab ride to the Relais Cavalcanti. a very charming little 'hotel', at Via Pellicceria, 2. It occupies one floor of a building located near the Uffizi gallery, in a very good central location. Because my daughter had just finished her semester in Florence, she was able to recommend her favorite location in town for lodging.

The Relais Cavalcanti building has been in the same family's ownership for 100+ years, the owner/manager of the new-ish Relais is Francesca. She said she inherited this one floor of the building, so she recently renovated it to create a little hotel. It's relatively new, with beautiful tile bathrooms, showers, etc. The rooms are very charming, and good-sized.

You have the feeling of entering a very nice, private Italian home, when you unlock the Relais door and smell the potpourri set out on the beautiful tables in the hallway and entry way. It has a small elevator and a/c, too. No breakfast is served, but even better I think is that they have a beautiful little dining room/kitchen that is open 24/7 for guests. You have always available the makings for coffee, hot chocolate and tea, plus containers of pre-wrapped pastries and dessert cakes. That's about as much as you get in any Italian B&B for breakfast, and this way you can serve yourself whenever.

One evening we bought wine, cheese, bread, and fruit and enjoyed our own private time in this beautiful room. The only thing to be aware of at Relais Cavalcanti is that the first floor of the building is the Old Stove Irish pub. The good news is that it's a decent little place for panini, and has free wi-fi. However, it attracts a lot of students and young people, so it is quite noisy into the early morning hours. Our room window was directly above the pub's patio, with a nice view of adjoining rooftops. The double windows, plus the wooden shutters, can block out about 90 percent of the noise from the pub below. I found that I could also turn on the a/c fan in our room, which would then totally cover any outside noise.

Francesca also cautions her prospective guests that she does not staff a 24/7 front desk. She is there during posted hours, mostly till 6 p.m., and has an emergency number on the door. But she is careful to tell guests that hers is not a hotel with full-services at night-time. I highly recommend the Relais Cavalcanti."

Old Jun 1st, 2008, 09:06 AM

A second for Il Villino. Lovely property and the most delightful hosts you could imagine.

I would return just for Sergio's special coffees in the morning!