Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Florence: Il Guelfo Bianco or Torre Guelfa?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Ralph

Hi everyone..ok..it's the last two nights that we are ready to book of this summer's Italy trip and my wife and I are trying to decide between Il Guelfo Bianco or Torre Guelfa in Florence. I've done some searches on this forum and both seem nice...there seem to be a few more negatives about the Torre Guelfa from what I have read in Rants and Raves...so we are leaning towards Il Guelfo Bianco..any thoughts on either of these two places before we make our final decision? As usual everyone, your thoughts have been helpful in planning our summer trip!<BR>cheers,<BR>Ralph

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Boots

I am not familiar with the Torre Guelfa, but I stay at Il Guelfo Bianco every time I go to Florence. I think it is a great hotel; I particularly like the rooms on the street side that have a seating area and a shower rather than a tub. But the best part is the manager, Carlo Cenni. He is the best hotelier I have come across in about 70 trips abroad. He will take good care of you and make wonderful suggestions for restaurants. Boots

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:30 PM
carolym

hi ralph, i was in florence 2 years ago and stayed at the torre guelfa and loved it.check out the room on the top floor- it was awesome. the breakfast and sitting area is lovely and of course you can't beat the rooftop panorama view!!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Ralph

Okay..I know this post isn't as exciting as pretending to be Canadian or debating the merits about Rick Steves, but any more thoughts out there?<BR>cheers,<BR>Ralph

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Judi

I have not stayed at the Torre Guelfa but I have stayed at Il Guelfa Bianco. I was traveling solo on that trip and wanted a nice hotel in a good location. I was very happy with Il Guelfa Bianco and would stay there again. I also appreciated the internet access which was free.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Ellen

Il Guelfo Bianco. GREAT central location, reasonable price, nice accomodations and most of the rooms are very spacious with high ceilings.<BR>