Reload this Page >

Pitti Palace Hotel Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 07:03 PM
Daniel

Has anyone comments to share on this hotel? From web-site, it seems fairly ideal as far as location and views go... but it doesn't earn a mention from any of the travel guides i've been reading.<BR><BR>appreciate any advice.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:26 AM
JOdy

we stayed there many years ago and loved the location, right at the very foot of the bridge ..everything was in walking distance, and good restaurants abound in that area. Lovely view from the terrace.I just checked their website and they must have expanded as i don't recall it being that large. At the time we stayed it was owned by a family for many years, the wife of the family was American who had studied in Florence and stayed onto marry, so she was veryhelpful. wish I had more current info for you but at least this response will bring you back to the top of the list!

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:24 AM
Sue

I stayed there many, many years ago as a college student on tour with others my age. It was a lovely hotel then; one of the few in which we had our own bathroom! I hadn't been back to Florence until last summer and also did not see it mentioned in travel guides; I assumed it no longer existed. I was so happy to run across it, right there at the end of the Ponte Vecchio! It brought back wonderful memories of being young and in Europe for the first time. It looks great; very upscale, and what a location! I wish I had known of its continued existence before our trip! I can't imagine your going wrong by staying there.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:55 AM
Helen Donegan

Hi Daniel<BR>I stayed in this hotel just before Easter this year. I was with friends in the penthouse suite, it was wonderful - fabulous views. <BR>The hotel has a bar and terrace with the same great views and some of the rooms will have too but I can't comment on them. <BR>Breakfast was very good and the position of the hotel would be hard to beat.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:48 AM
JOdy

Thanks sue and helen, I was hoping someone else would get to Daniel's post as I would like to add this to my Florence itinerary and it had been so long since I was there. But I did remember the location in unbeatable!