Florence during Easter

Search

Florence during Easter

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florence during Easter

I will be travelling by train from Monterosso towards Florence on Easter Sunday. My original plan was to stay in Florence for 2 days (without a car) and then rent a car and head towards Siena using that as a base for 4 days. I thought we could visit the Uffizzi on Easter Sunday and on Monday go into Lucca however, will anything be opened that day? In fact where is the best place to be on Easter Monday ? Would I be better off going into Florence on Sunday, renting a car and head directly to Siena and see Florence on the way back? Please help as I am driving myself crazy!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 02:46 PM

Hi allyboy, the Monday after Easter Sunday is considered a holiday in Italy. Italians use to try to go to the countryside and have a picnic etc. but that custom has sort of gone by the wayside for most Italians. But it is a holiday. I have always been in Rome during Easter so I cannot tell you where would be the best place to be on Easter Monday. Hopefully someone else here can advise you.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for replying. Would you know if I would be able to take a bus or train to Lucca for Easter Monday and if I did would anything be opened there?
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Can someone please comment on this: If I were to take a train from Monterosso on Easter Sunday (leaving early) and stop in Lucca for the day and arrive in Florence in the evening is there someplace where I can store our suitcases for the afternoon? Also would a long afternoon be sufficient to see Lucca?
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 11:03 AM

Hi allyboy, not having been to Lucca by train I didn't know about luggage storage so I Googled this question. According to people on VT the Lucca train station does NOT have a "left luggage" dept. Another person commented that all the lockers at the Lucca train station were broken, but that was written a couple of years ago.
A comment was made by one person that the dragged their luggage to the main tourist office in Lucca and that they were able to leave their luggage there for 2euro per bag per hour. I seriously doubt if the tourist office would be open on Easter Sunday. So none of that sounds promising does it.