Florence and Venice hotel recommendation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have been on trip-advisor, but wanted some other feed back on recommendations for a hotel in Venice and Florence. We are honeymooners so want something romantic, but not outrageously priced. Thanks!
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 06:13 PM

Someone will say it sooner or later, so let me be the first: Unless you define what you mean by "outrageously priced," it will be difficult for anyone to make reasonable suggestions.
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Okay, okay....under 200 Euros please! Thank you.
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 06:43 PM

we liked the antica locanda venezia in venice (we paid 180 euros last may) and the hermitage hotel in florence. We are returning to the hermitage on our honeymoon and got a room with jacuzzi tub for 220 euros. they do have less expensive rooms w/out the jacuzzi tub I think. Both hotels have a quaint, B&B type of feel.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 04:23 AM
ira

Hi kd,

You might like this one http://veniceby.com/barbarigo/index.html
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 04:39 AM

Prices fluctuate depending on time of year. You NEED a/c if you're going in spring/summer. I loved having a water view in Venice. We stayed at the Pensione Accademia. La Calcina is also popular.

There are literally dozens of previous threads on hotels in these 2 cities if you do a text search. Here's one with some good info for you.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34484657
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 05:00 AM
aj

In May we stayed at Locanda Ai Bareteri in Venice. The cost is in your range and we felt the location was great. I would stay there again (www.bareteri.com). We also stayed at Il Bargellino in Florence (www.ilbargellino.com). This hotel has be mentioned on Fodors before and is a great place to stay! Enjoy your trip.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 05:09 AM

Hi myself, I'm planning our honeymoon in September and I'm staying in the following hotels (not outrageously price, but moderate and within budget), here are their websites:

Venice - Hotel Ai Do Mori
http://www.hotelaidomori.com

Florence - Relais Cavalcanti
http://www.relaiscavalcanti.com

Carlos
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone!! Great leads!
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 08:25 AM

I really like the Hotel Monaco and Grand Canal Hotel in Venice. It is right by San Marco on the grand canal. They have special rates sometimes for 175 euro for double. Look at www.summithotels.com
For Florence, I like the Hotel Bernini and Hotel Pierre. Hotel Pierre has jacked up their prices a bit in the last few years so I have been staying at the Bernini recently. I just got a double there for 143 euro. It is in a good location by Palazzo Vecchio and all of the rooms are very nice, especially if you happen to get one of their very newly remodeled rooms . Try these websites:

www.baglionihotels.com
www.venere.com
www.hotelbook.com

Both of these hotels are 4 star and very nice. Rates can be good depending on what time of year you are traveling.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 08:43 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Pensione La Calcina in Venice, and ask for a front corner double room with a view over the Guidecca canal. Romantic and in your price range. Nice breakfast included. I've stayed there twice.

www.lacalcina.com
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 09:01 AM

In March of this year, we stayed at Locanda Ca'Le Vele in the junior suite. It's the only room that has a terrace, which overlooks a small canal. Sitting on the terrace was always calm, quiet, serene. The room was huge and comfortable. The shower stall was really small, but it was spotlessly clean. Breakfast of breads and spreads and coffee is brought to your room at a time you arrange with the reception desk. The staff were all very nice and helpful. We had planned to pay by credit card, however, when we arrived, there was a sign posted that they could not accept them at that time - why, I am not sure; and if this was only temporary, I don't know. We paid in cash.

The junior suite in March was 150 euro. Very reasonable in my opinion, and if I every go back to Venice, that is where I will stay.

I thought it was a great location, just a couple of minutes from the Rialto Bridge. Very easy to get around to everything you want to see.

http://www.veniceby.com/levele/index.html