Reload this Page >

Florence and Venice Accommodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Ann

My husband and I are travelling back to Italy in March, but this time only going to Venice and Florence. We are looking for reasonable accommodations, well located. Any suggestions?<BR><BR>Four of us travelled in Italy last Spring, 4 nights in Rome, 4 in Umbria, 4 in Tuscany, 4 in the Cingue Terre, and 4 in Lake Como. It was absolutely a fabulous trip and I'd be glad to share any of our experiences with you.<BR><BR>Ann

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:16 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Ann <BR>In Firenze, we have used the hotel<BR>CONTINENTAL, which is located by the<BR>Ponto Vecchio. Out daughter last year<BR>used the CORONA D'ITALIA which is <BR>close to the Duomo and Railway Station.<BR>We have used the Continental since 1978.<BR>. it also has a sister hotel across the<BR>river called the Lungarno...see www.<BR>lungarnohotels.com and www.italyhotels.com/firenze/corona.html.<BR>On which we have not used by looked interesting was the HOTEL ALESSANDRA, Borgo SS. Apostoli ,17 which is just<BR>over the south end of the Ponte Vecchio.,reviewed by Margo Classe.<BR>www.HelloEurope.com/<BR>In Venezia can suggest the HOTEL DO POZZI which is located just about a<BR>block and a half west of the Pza S. Marco have used it 11 times since 1981<BR>when a double was $38.USD per day. It is<BR>a three star hotel with 29+ rooms and<BR>see www.hoteldopozzi,it/.depe-eng.htm.<BR>Used also was the ALA and the La Fenice Et Des Artistes, a bit quieter but <BR>further away from the square.<BR>If you want a list ofr ristorantes in<BR>both Firenze and Venezia, drop me a line<BR>and will reply promptly.<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il...

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Rex

A collection of recent answers to nearly the exact same question:<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=34369579<BR><BR>also topped for you.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 12:18 PM

topping<BR>

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:02 AM
Jack

Hello,<BR>If you would like some information on where to stay in Venice for very reasonable rates then pls send me an email.<BR>Have a nice day,<BR>Jack