Hotels in Florence

Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 09:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Florence

I'm searching for a mid-priced hotel in Florence for a trip in mid-September. There are two B&B's that are interesting. Has anyone ever stayed at the Hotel Silla or the Hotel Palazzo Galletti? What about the Antica Dimora Firenze?
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:17 PM

Hi

Key the hotel's name into this forum's search facility to hunt previous posts. For eg. someone posted for the Antica Dimora - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...e_Tuscany.html
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, worldinabag, for your info. I'm totally new to message boards so it's intimidating for me to write and to answer.
Almost decided on a hotel in Florence. Waiting for one more response from a hotel. Next I'll ask about Venice.
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 08:47 AM

Before you ask about Venice, go to the Trip Advisor website and do some searching. Also go to www.venere.com and search by your price range. Build up a list of a few and come back with some things you are already interested in, and are in your budget. We can help narrow down that list with personal experiences.
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 10:11 AM

We stayed in the Hotel degli Orafi, which was a stones throw from the Ponte Vecchio. We loved it, and they did some awesome work for us to get museum tickets - without having to wait in a 2 hour line. Not cheap, but worth it. We also stayed in a pricey hotel in Venice - we figured - hey, we're going to Venice! It was the Hotel Danieli, and was it great! The room was big, and the breakfast every morning on the upper balcony was spectacular!
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 10:59 AM

We just got back from Italy and stayed at the Relaise Grand Tour in Florence in the Diva suite. This place was great! The room was gorgeous, large, comfortable, with internet in the room, a modern bathroom with a great shower and sauna and a lovely garden terrace. Only 130 E for the suite. 10 minute walk to the Duomo, quiet at night, coffe and fresh croissant at a cafe 2 minutes walk from the B7B included. Can't reccommend it highly enough!
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all the great information. I don't know how I ever planned a trip before finding out about this site. Of the hotels in Florence, we chose the Relais Grand Tour, largely based on the glowing reviews of some of the posters here and the excellent value. I spoke to Cristina, and she sounds delightful.
So, thanks. I'll be seeking more advice soon, as we narrow down our choices in Venice.