Search

Florence and Rome B&B info

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2003, 04:59 PM
mwc
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florence and Rome B&B info

We're in the process of reserving hotels and/or B&B's for our honeymoon in May 2004. So far, we've decided on Albergo Milano in Varenna, Pensione La Calcina in Venice and Villa Steno in Monterosso.

I'm looking into various places in Florence and Rome. We'll be in Florence 4 nights and Rome 5 nights. I'm looking for something that's a little more budget (but, still nice) in these two cities - my price range is about 100 to 120 Euros for a double with private bathroom, A/C, nicely furnished and centrally located.

In Florence, I'd like to be near the Duomo area and am considering the Cimatori Guest House (110E).

In Rome, I'd like to be in the Campo dei Fiore, Piazza Navona or Trastevere area and am considering Relais Banchi Vecchi (130E).

Does anyone have any experience or information on either of these places? I'd also appreciate any other suggestions that fit my criteria. I'm also considering some apartments from the sleepinitaly.com site - does anyone have any experience or suggestions regarding this?

Thanks in advance for any information or advice!
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 05:37 PM

This summer we rented the Lepri apartment from Gianna Galeota at sleepinginflorence.com and were very pleased. The rate was 95 euro per night and it was 1/2 block between the Duomo and San Lorenzo.
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 05:46 PM

in florence take a look at the DeiMori ....in your price range and very central...i'm there in march so can't give first hand info yet...

www.bnb.it/deimori

e-mail: [email protected]
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 09:47 PM
mwc
Original Poster

Thank you for the recommendations. I've inquired about the San Lorenzo apartments from Gianna at sleepinginflorence.com. Unfortunately, they're not available for the dates that we're there.

I will look into DeiMori...

Any feedback on the B&B's I've mentioned? Cimatori Guest House? Relais Banchi Vecchi? Other suggestions?
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 09:59 PM

Hi Mwc,

What a wonderful place to honeymoon! All your picks sound good. I was going to suggest sleep In Italy to you but your all over it. I have used them in the past to rent apartments and have had great experinces with them. I'll also be there in May.

For Florence my only suggestion and I have not stayed here yet but I did much research and another user "Fluffy" gave rave reviews so I am booked here in May. It's on the Sleep In Italy site but I made reservation directly through the B&B because these people are so kind and I wanted them to get the full rate and not have to pay a commission to the agent. Anyway.... Here is the site http://www.touristhouseghiberti.com/

Good luck with all... E
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 12:06 AM

In Rome, you must do Pantheon View-incredible location and incredible price performance ($110E/night). It is minutes from all the best nightlife and most of the history.

Also, I owuld vote for Pensione Guerreto in Rialto for Venice. Very nice and wonderful location.

Lake Como would be Villa Cipressa.

Keith
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 09:21 AM
mwc
Original Poster

Thanks for the recommendation on the Tourist House Ghiberti in Florence. We've seen good reviews on it and it looks wonderful! However, it is a little more expensive than what we're hoping to spend.

The Pantheon View looks interesting - I will do a little more research into that one...

Thanks for the suggestions...any others?
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 09:42 AM

I stayed at DeiMori in September 2002. Great, reasonable, central place to stay. Very nice owners.
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 04:55 PM
mwc
Original Poster

any other suggestions or feedback?
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 04:50 AM
ira

Hi mwc,

If you are willing to spend less for a very clean, comfortable B&B with AC and ensuite facilities not far from the train station in Florence, I can recommend the B&B Peterson.

See "Ira's Italy Trip Report" http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34451044