Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Inexpensive hotels/B&Bs/pensiones in Italy

Aug 4th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Looking for affordable (less than 100 Euros), yet nice places to stay in Florence, Venice, Tuscany (anywhere) and the Italian Riviera. Planning a three week trip for end of September. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
Aug 4th, 2003, 12:55 PM

venere.com is a good site.
Aug 4th, 2003, 01:00 PM

We just rented an apartment in Florence for 95 euro. We found it on sleepinginflorence.com.

Your range will be tougher in Venice, as things are more expensive there.
Aug 4th, 2003, 01:11 PM

Check out www.eurocheapo.com many choices in the cities you mention& very dtailed reviews.
I was quoted 110 euro. at the Bretagna, in Florence (South of the Arno River) for a double, in mid- Sept.
I think you will find this site most helpful.
Fluffy
Aug 4th, 2003, 01:14 PM
ira

Hi,

We have reservations at the B&B Peterson in Florence. Under 75E/nite

http://www.bedinflorence.it/

We are hoping the rooms are as nice as the owners.
Aug 4th, 2003, 01:23 PM

This is my maiden voyage on this site hope I'm in the right place! Anybody stayed at the Pantheon View B and B? We're a family group of six booked into a quad and double room for beginning of Sept. Is it pleasant, clean, charming? Hotel Navona sounds lovely, a little more $ We like charm, friendliness, value and this wonderful area..grazie! Watfield (debbie)
Aug 4th, 2003, 01:52 PM

Florence, i'd try hoteldali.com we wanted to stay there but it was too hot (no AC, just fans). YOu shld be fine in Spt. Switched to the Pensione Bretagna and it's cheap and fine but I wouldn't stay there again. We really liked the opposite side of the ARno river (from the Uffizi and majoresites). It's cheaper on that side (by Boboli Gardens) I believe.

tuscany.net is great to find lodging there. Stay S Of Siena near Montalcino for a good home base.

www.cinqueterre.it We paid 52 euro to Edy's rooms in Riomaggiore, clean fine. I'd pay a few euro more and try to get a room with a view or balcony next time!

Venice we stayed at hotelgalleria.it for 145 euro (large room). Worth it and not too pricey for that city. Smaller rooms are less.

Good luck and enjoy!!
Aug 4th, 2003, 02:06 PM
ira

Hi Watfield,

Welcome to the group.

I think you will get better service if you post your own message, rather than piggybacking.
Aug 4th, 2003, 02:12 PM

Watfield- for a group of six, you might want to investigate renting an apt. in Rome.
If you do a search here under Rome hotels and/or apts. , there are literally 100's of posts.
I like www.casahoward.com in Rome, near the Spanish Steps. The Navona, is not what I would call charming, it's basic and clean.I would also recommned checking out the web site I mentioned above-www.eurocheapo.com
Best of luck
Fluffy
Aug 4th, 2003, 03:38 PM

For Venice we like "Doni Pensione."

Faded glory but clean and friendly. On a canal and very near St. Marks.

East to find with Google.
Aug 4th, 2003, 05:17 PM

We stayed at a wonderful B&B in Venice called Gli Angeli that was very reasonable. Our two room apartment was E135 a night. Nice location and very cordial hostess named Sonia. Her email is [email protected] If you end up staying there be sure to ask Sonia about the local restaurant. We took her advice and had a great time there.

Cheers, the turnip
Aug 4th, 2003, 05:20 PM

I can also recommend the San Aponal Apartment with Venice Rentals. We recently paid 120 per night for it. It's located in San Polo, near the Rialto Bridge.