Florence airport into city?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are our options, after a long sleepless night flying from NYC? How much does a cab cost?
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 05:40 AM

If you are going to an address within the city wall circle, the cab fare should be a fixed euro 20, plus luggage supplement (1 euro per piece), plus night and/or festive supplement if applicable.
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 06:27 AM

We just did a London to Florence in October. Our flt did not arrive till past 11:00 PM. Plenty of taxis and, of course, very light traffic! Price above seems to be about what we paid. Thankfully, it is quite close.

Just an aside, after your sleepless journey, will you have quick access to your lodging? I am also one who sleeps little, if any, on the overnight flts from Boston and I need to get into a bed as soon as possible. However, I seem to be in the minority in my approach to handling jet lag.
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 09:12 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
There is a shuttle bus to the center which takes about 15 minutes and is 4.50€.

http://www.ataf.net/System/files/FOL...%20BUS%202.pdf

Taxis are set fees. 20€ plus 1€ per bag (max 5 bags). 22€ holidays. 23.30€ nights.
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Original Poster

Socialworker-point well taken, but we'll be arriving @ 11 am and suspect we will only be able to leave our luggage @ our hotel and head out for a little lunch and stroll. We've done this before. We don't get into bed. We have a light afternoon, take a nap and a shower.....and try to get on local time. It will help that we have 5 pm cocktails and dinner plans that evening.
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 06:27 AM

Yes, NNY, everyone who has traveled at all develops their own ways to manage jet lag.

When we--just last month--arrived in Edinburgh, also at 11:00 AM after a sleepless flt from BOS and then changing planes at LHR, I knew I would need sleep! I had written ahead and the owner was able to have our room cleaned by the time we arrived and so we did get immediate access. Fortunately for us, checkout time there was 11, so no doubt that helped in room availability.

We were able to shower and get into bed for ~3 hours or so and then got onto the local time--more or less. It helped enormously (!) that it was not getting truly dark till 10 PM, so we were able to stroll the city from 5-7 PM with the sunlight making it feel as if it were still mid-afternoon.