Reload this Page >

First Trip to Paris

Search

First Trip to Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 02:19 AM
Ed Brown

First Trip to Paris

Paris was perfect!!! I posted an indebth trip report at "http://www.edstravels.com" Hope it helps.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 03:36 AM
anon

Presumably you mean www.edstravels.com/paris<BR><BR>Some good photographs. I am always curious what is the motivation to create something like this. You purchased a domain name for this? Why? There are so many free websites you could use for your own personal use.<BR><BR>Just curious.<BR>

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Nikki

Ed, I enjoyed your report. I will be staying at the Waldorf Montparnasse for three nights in March and I'm glad to read your positive impressions. Any other tips or advice you can offer about the hotel or the neighborhood?

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 04:15 AM
Ira

Hi Ed,<BR> Thanks for your report. Great advert for visiting Paris.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Jean

Enjoyed the Paris trip report. Is your Turkey trip report under construction? Looking forward to that one, too!<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Jean

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Ed

For Just Curious. Actually my domain name was free..however, I am paying $9 per month for the service..so really free , no. I do have a free web site on the ATTBI personal web pages, but there is more access and flex with the domain. Why, you ask. I find it entertaining to try and learn how to do a site. For example, there is an egg hidden (not too well) on my site. What other free services do you know about. Like I say always willing to learn.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Ed

Message for Jean: Yes, I am working on the Turkey trip but I actually lived there for a couple of years so most of the report will be trips we took within the country (Kars, Pemukele, Kushadisi, Kona, Side, etc.). I will tell you this, the turkish people were some of the nicest I ever met and if you have an opportunity to experience their hospitality...take it!!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Ed

For Nikki - Maybe we will see you there. My wife is a teacher and her Spring Break is late in March and we are seriously thinking about returning. No real tips to share about the location. Everything you may want is in the neighborhood. If you like Orirntal food with a French influence, do try the last place I recommended on the web site. Oh yes, there is a nice department store/supermarket just a block from the hotel. It is rather large so its a nice place to pick up water, etc. Enjoy your trip.