First time, female, 30yr old solo traveler needs hotel recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, my travel partner backed out and I will now be going solo to Paris for 3 days in July. Can anyone recommend decent hotels, in safe, well populated areas? I would like for the hotel to be near tourist areas or restaurants and cafes with easy access to a metro for travel. The Hotel Europe Saint Severin, where we planned to stay does not have any singles or doubles left. My hotel budget will now be $130 per night max. Thank you.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:59 AM

Nakia_C:

You might consider the Hotel Bonaparte. http://www.hotelbonaparte.fr/

I've been there twice as a solo traveler, and it's worked out fine for me, just this past May, as a matter of fact. I believe it will be within your budget. On the Left Bank, it's convenient to two metro stops (Mabillon and St. Germain) and to many local restaurants. The hotel is in a safe, well-populated area very close to St. Sulpice, a lovely church. The hotel staff is helpful and knowledgeable. Several Fodorites over the years have recommended it.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:12 AM

My first action when I'm planning a trip is to grab a guidebook, usually Frommers, Rick Steves, or Fodors. My second is to look for possible hotels, my third is to check out the price on their website, and my fourth is to see what Trip Advisor has to say.

Those actions do not guarantee satisfaction, but at least I am not utterly lost.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:43 AM

Hotel du Lys.
www.hoteldulys.com
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:49 AM

Should have mentioned in previous post that i stayed at the Bonaparte in May (stayed there several years ago, also), and I was again impressed with its friendliness and what it offers for the price.

Hotel du Lys is a tiny bit less expensive since breakfast is included in the price. It's in the 6th also but 2 min. from Pl. St-Michel, a bit to the north and east of the Bonaparte.

I've stayed in both these hotels as a solo traveler and heartily recommend both.

Wherever you decide you should try to book soon as July is almost here, and these reasonably priced hotels book up fast.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:30 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
You might find something useful on this recent thread.

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...-100-bucks.cfm

Or this one.
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...4th-marais.cfm
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:59 PM

The location that was recommended to you for Hotel Bonaparte could not be any better for you traveling solo. All the action is in St. Michel.

We recently stayed at the BW Grand Hotel De l'Univers (May 4-6, 2012) and although rooms were small, it was a great location. I lived in Pari in my early 20s and the area is still a draw for young people. Have fun!
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:37 PM

the Hotel Bonaparte would be a good location for you and its single rooms are just about exactly your budget. Luckily, the value of the euro is a bit down vs. the USD to make that possible. You can also check the Hotel St Pierre in that same general area, it is also about that rate (around 105 euro) http://www.saintpierre-hotel.com/