Search

Place to stay in Paris for solo woman

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Place to stay in Paris for solo woman

Kia Ora
On this site I found a B&B in Florence to stay at, and it was superb. It had views of the Duomo and it was only about 70-80 euros a night including breakfast. Cannot remember the exact price. Can anyone recommend a place for me in Paris. I want to stay 10 nights , I am travelling alone from NZ and I am open to B&B or any place that is suitable for woman on own. The price I would like to go to is 100 euros but this may not be possible. I would be very grateful to hear from anyone who has stayed somewhere that they could recommend. I will be going in spring 2011.
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 12:21 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
If you don't need to stay in the dead centre of Paris, 100€ a night is more than enough for a single room.
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 02:45 AM

The best location is in the 5th. I have also stayed in the 3rd, 6th and 7th and still prefer the 5th. Several times I have been to Paris as a solo traveling female and feel perfectly safe in this area, it is walking distance to many sites, has plenty of cafes, stores, etc. and just a nice feel to it.

I can recommend two hotels. Hotel St Jacques (http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/en....php?langue=en). Depending on when you go it will probably be under 100€ for a single. A coupe of blocks away is Hotel Marignan ( http://www.hotel-marignan.com/html/p1_a.htm). This one is cheaper, perfectly serviceable ( and it includes breakfast) but just not as nice. If you can afford it I would recommend the St Jacques. But I stayed in the Marignan last year and would certainly stay there again.
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 04:18 AM

I recently stayed at Hotel des Carmes. It is down the street from the St.Jacques mentioned above. It is about 1 block from the metro stop Maubert-Mutualite. My room was small but fine for one person, and the staff was helpful. I ate breakfast at the hotel once but it was less expensive to walk down the street. I felt safe walking to and from the metro and the streets around the hotel. I think I paid 89 euro/night.
Have a fun trip!

http://www.hoteldescarmesparis.com/
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 09:57 AM

The Hotel Familia in the 5th arr. is 90e for a single room, including breakfast.

www.hotel-paris-familia.com
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 10:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Here is a resource for budget hotels in Paris, all of which are perfectly safe for solo travellers of either sex:
http://anyportinastorm.proboards.com...ay&thread=3582
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Morena from the South Island of New Zealand. Thank you so much to all. It is wonderful to wake up and have 8 replys already. I will now do the homework and look up all of the above suggested. I will have 4-5wks away and have always wanted to stay longer in Paris. I have been down to South France twice and on the West Coast of Italy down as far as Portovenere and love it all down there however looking for something different this time to add on to Paris. Have only travelled twice in all and love it love it love it. Stayed 10 nights in Florence last time so that is what made me want to do 10 nights in Paris this time. Then where???????
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 12:12 PM

I am on my own in Paris at the moment, and staying at the Hotel Jeanne dArc in the Marais for 64 euros a night.

They get very booked up early, so tomorrow night I am staying just the other side of the Place des Vosges on Boulevard Beaumarchais at the Hotel Lyon Mulhouse for 72 euros. Ive stayed there before and the rooms are fine. I love the location around here in the Bastille Marais area.
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 12:17 PM

There are two jumbo threads here on Paris Hotels, if you seach for 'Right bank Hotels' and 'Left bank Hotels', it will give you some reading.
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Dan I love the look of Hotel Voltaire and the location. I have emailed them and asked what rate I could get for a 10 day stay as I am going in May and the price is up then. Thank you
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 03:13 PM

We stayed in this studio the last 2 summers. Wonderful place.
The price will amaze you. I do not quote prices because I do not own the studio. Therefore, it is Nadine's job.
See:
Nadine GIBLIN

Studio 30 sqm Paris 9e near Montmartre

E-mail : [email protected]

Old Oct 27th, 2010, 06:42 PM

I've stayed at the Hotel Muguet a couple of times, 3 or 4 years ago. Lovely, stylish hotel but not fussy. Their single room is 110 euros, and sometimes with a promotional rate of 100 euros. I haven't seen the single room, as I paid the single rate but was upgraded to a double room with a view of the Eiffel Tower.
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 07:05 AM

check out www.journeywoman.com for all kinds of travel tips for women travelers -written by women travelers! You will find much information about Paris. Bon Voyage!
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 07:49 AM

You asked after Paris what? You might want to consider a Benelux train pass, and visit Belgium and the Netherlands.
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 09:55 AM

Grateful, can you tell me the name of the B&B in Florence? I'll be there for a week in January.

Thank you for starting this thread because I'm going to Paris in December and I can use some of these suggesitons.
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Original Poster

the B&B I stayed at in Florence sandicran was BedandBreakfast for Women only - 31 Borgo Pinti. It was in a lovely historic building and on the 4th or 5th floor and I had a lovely room with doors opening to overlook a superb garden belonging to a convent just a few doors down . And then there was the view of the Duomo. It had a help yourself breakfast each morning of fresh fruit and yoghurt, toast, museli etc. I was met by the owner initially and shown my room and given a key then I came and went from then on. The room was very spacious and a bathroom opposite my room was shared. I thought it was very good value for the price. Esp with the view of the Duomo and the gorgeous garden. There was a lovely little bakery shop just down the road that sold lots of yummy things and I walked from the railway station to my room with suitcase in tow. Ok it took 15mins but that is nothing to us. I have not got an official link to it but google B&B for women only Florence and you will get it.
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Original Poster

Thank you also to uhoh_busted. I have never heard of these passes and have looked them up on the web and they sound fantastic. Thank you for the information.
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Original Poster

I see B&B for Women only has gone up in price since I stayed there in 2007 just as Hotel Voltaire is 144 euros in April May. However it looks just what I want and maybe I will look at the tariff in October.
Old Nov 10th, 2010, 05:29 AM

Hello
the Hotel de l'Ouest http://www.ouest-hotel-paris.com/ is nice, and very welcoming, you can have a room from 76Euro! It's near the Opera Garnier and the Grands Magasins, very nice area!
Old Nov 10th, 2010, 07:56 PM

Hi Kiwi, Aussie here! I stayed at the Hotel Marignan (Rue Sommerard) in the Latin quarter last june, 55 euro night,single (I chose the shared bathroom, with one other room, but never saw the other people) free breakfast, use of laundry & kitchen and free wifi. In the middle of renovating when I was there, very basic, but safe and central area, Notre Dame cathedral less than 5 mins away. Easy to get to from Metro.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -